Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i took a real hard look at my paint the other day, i have only had the car not even a month yet, but i noticed these tiny little pin head yellowish spots on the car. I asked around and this guy told me to try a clay bar. It seems to take care of them, some spots i had to do two or three times but it seemed to work for now, if anyone knows if this is the right thing to use or what these marks are, or if this helps anyone else.

ps. I doubt its rust the cars an 2005 and i had these marks on the plastic bumber parts as well

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I had that happen once when I went under an overpass that was being painted. Got a bunch of small paint dots on my car.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The same thing happens all the time on my mom's car. I've never noticed it on mine though. Her car is white, so I guess it shows up more on hers. My brother thinks it's something from the trees in the front yard, but we're not sure. It's really irritating though because whenever my dad washes her car the spots are still there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weird little things

i guess it could be anything lol, the the clay bar seems to work at taking them off the best, does anyone even know how that bar works and is there a limit to use before your clearcoat wears? on a side note though, those strut tower bars, are they useful i know the engine can twist pretty good, but are they more for show?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My first real job ever was detailing cars. I did it for a year, and in that time used clay quite a bit. I don't think there is any ill effects from using it too much, then again it's not like I was using it on the same car over and over either. BUT, it was extremely effective on spots like you mentioned and sap as well. As a last resort you could use acrylic solvent....quickly...lol, and if that doesnt take it off, nothing will. As far as knowing what your spots are...no clue.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
i guess it could be anything lol, the the clay bar seems to work at taking them off the best, does anyone even know how that bar works and is there a limit to use before your clearcoat wears? on a side note though, those strut tower bars, are they useful i know the engine can twist pretty good, but are they more for show?
A strut tower brace will help a little with deflection but is more of a show piece.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had that happen once when I went under an overpass that was being painted. Got a bunch of small paint dots on my car.
..... i would be sooo pissed

and also ive heard that when you get a rear sway bar, you should also get a strut tower brace due to the fact that the shocks will ware differently on the front. is this true?

M

·
0 Posts
Any pics? I get yellow brownish spots on my paint and it's bug poo... :bigthumbsupIt's a tough thing to get off, too!!

By the way, clay is an abrasive - I would not use it often as the solution to this problem...

I use instant detailer and a good micro. Wet the spot, wait - rub... repeat.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I get the same crap on my car (well I use to b4 I got my cover:happydance:) and it is something from nature. Tree pollen, bug crap, dont know but it comes off easily like Judisstang said a little detailer and a microfiber.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Any pics? I get yellow brownish spots on my paint and it's bug poo... :bigthumbsupIt's a tough thing to get off, too!!

By the way, clay is an abrasive - I would not use it often as the solution to this problem...

That is what I was thinking that it may be.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts

That is what I was thinking it may be.

·
Registered
505 Posts
hey guys, i took a real hard look at my paint the other day, i have only had the car not even a month yet, but i noticed these tiny little pin head yellowish spots on the car. I asked around and this guy told me to try a clay bar. It seems to take care of them, some spots i had to do two or three times but it seemed to work for now, if anyone knows if this is the right thing to use or what these marks are, or if this helps anyone else.

ps. I doubt its rust the cars an 2005 and i had these marks on the plastic bumber parts as well

Its called Rail Dust. Its because at one time most of our cars will see the railroad for transport and the Iron dust from the rail gets into the clear of the paint. The only way to get rid of it is with the clay bar.

Most people dont even notice it until you get close enough to the car. It looks like Little rust specs all over the car.
It will stay there until the car is clayed for the 1st time.

Clay the car.. they will never come back.:bigthumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.