Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every one askes which gears to get I already want 4.10's How much on average do they drop 1/4 mile et from stock 3.27 with a stock stang

I ran a 14.6 with no wheel spin. Keep in mind I race at Great Lakes Dragaway in Wisconsin in the middle of a corn field so I know the region makes it seem slow

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also its a 2003 gt Auto

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I run 13.50's in my 01 auto with 4:10 gears,x pipe,cai and predator tune. you should break 13's I would think.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any One Else Have A Before And After Track Times ??

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
This thread interests me too because I wanna know what times I'm capable of running. Sorry to intrude on your thread. I would think mid 13's or maybe better. (Mods in my sig) I say 4.10's are capable of dropping up to .5 in the 1/4 or better but some have traction issues with them. You should be able to hit 13's when you get them:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Traction

Its hard to get too specific without more data about the car involved.

Assuming you run sticky drag radials and have upgraded your LCA's, the numbers can drop a couple tenths from those things alone.

But the variables are huge. Driver skills are DEFINITELY involved, and impossible to predict.

Shoot for the high 13's, and hope for the best. Your stock torque converter and tranny are also going to hold you back some.

If you are just running the stock suspension and tires, low 14's are where you will probably be running until you make some changes and get some experience with the differences the gears and other mods will make. Every major change in how the car is setup requires re-education on the part of the driver. Figuring out the correct launch routine can make a big difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lets Say No Traction Issues And It Just Hooks And Goes. Also To Lca Really Make That Much Of A Difference. Also Since My Last Track Run I Installed A Cai--free Steeda Pullies --free And Recently A Jba Cat Back--pretty Nice For The Price 350.00 New On Ebay.
The 3.5 Inch Rolled Tips Look Nice. Also Have A C/l Plenum On The Way With A 75mm T-body Lets Hope For 13's

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Your should have no problems hitting 13's with the addition to those mod you listed (if no traction issues). LCA's do make a difference in your 60ft ET's, it helps keep your tires planted and you won't spin the tires as much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone Else Have Before And After Track Times ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.