Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many NoVa folks on this forum, it would be fun to hit up a Starbucks or some such place for a meet & cruise. I'm a morning person, so I'd love to meet somewhere early on a Sunday morning and cruise out somehwere, but I'm flexibile with whatever others would like to do.

Also, to the AFM member/owner of the 2013 5.0, black with the subtle grey stripes you told me you just had put on, driving West on Columbia Pike this morning, to whom I mentioned black was a ***** color to keep looking good while we chatted at the light in front of Bob & Edith's diner.......I forgot your screen name.:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
299 Posts
What about us down south? :nono:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well I just drove up to Reston yesterday to meet Grimace and it took me like just over 4 hours with traffic. Richmond is prolly halfway between southerners and you northerners.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I think it great that people on the forum get together and cruise in a group. We had a great cruise awhile back here in AZ. We had a great time and are planing on having many more in the future. Oh yes don't forget to post some pictures.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about us down south? :nono:
Well I just drove up to Reston yesterday to meet Grimace and it took me like just over 4 hours with traffic. Richmond is prolly halfway between southerners and you northerners.

You are just plain bat$hit crazy!

I'm down for a cruise, just know that I am NOT a morning person. I am in full-blown zombie mode until around 10am.

Does this mean I have to wash my car??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are just plain bat$hit crazy!

I'm down for a cruise, just know that I am NOT a morning person. I am in full-blown zombie mode until around 10am.

Does this mean I have to wash my car??
Hey, I'm only thinking early on a Sunday morning due to the traffic around here, not to make people miserable!!!:gringreen:gringreen

Come on up Forceof Will, Grimace promises to wash his car for the cruise.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Can we go Camaro hunting? I might be up for driving in from Baltimore for that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright...here's the deal.

Next Sunday, 9:00AM, at the Oakton Starbucks off of I-66

The address is 2930 Chainbridge Road
Oakton VA 22124
It's in the Oakton Shopping Center, so there should be plenty of places to park.

R.S.V.P. here in this thread to let us know who's making it.

Now, how about some ideas on where to cruise out to?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd be down dude, I live in Arlington.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about Luray? That way out-of-towners can avoid NoVA traffic. Probably find some great spots for a photoshoot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gentlemen,

I suggest you head west on I-66 [way past Manassas and Gainsville] gorgeous drive and long open straight stretches of road [I-66]. Not many places for the cops to hide. And if you want to add some bends and tight corners to your drive. Just drive till you reach Skyline Dr, Front Royal.

or if you just want bends, beautiful roads, and gorgeous mansions to look at, drive through Great Falls. The scenery is epic.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gentlemen,

I suggest you head west on I-66 [way past Manassas and Gainsville] gorgeous drive and long open straight stretches of road [I-66]. Not many places for the cops to hide. And if you want to add some bends and tight corners to your drive. Just drive till you reach Skyline Dr, Front Royal.

or if you just want bends, beautiful roads, and gorgeous mansions to look at, drive through Great Falls. The scenery is epic.
I drive I-66 quite a bit, for nothing more than pleasure. And I've hit Skline twice now.....shame about the speedlimit.

Can you join us next weekend?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sunday mornings in Fair Lakes (in front of Starbucks / Dicks Sporting Goods) is Cars n Coffee. Starts around 9ish. We could all meet up there :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
558 Posts
How about Luray? That way out-of-towners can avoid NoVA traffic. Probably find some great spots for a photoshoot.

+1 some awesome roads out there Shinadoah Valley/Park and Skyline Drive. Not to mention its out in my neck of the woods. Regardless I am down if I have the day off:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK, So where is the the meeting place?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I drive I-66 quite a bit, for nothing more than pleasure. And I've hit Skline twice now.....shame about the speedlimit.

Can you join us next weekend?
Compared to NOVA police are virtually non-existant out that way. Heres a picture from last September right outside Luray. I live 5 miles from Gainesville on 5 acres, plenty room to chill, grill or whatever unrestricted. It is also firearm friendly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Grim, I'm from far away so I cant come but I think you shouldn't wash your car, consider it a control vehicle.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts