Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my Whipple installed a Freedom Ford here in Edmonton last year and I had complained to them that I was getting some pre-ignition. The claimed that they could find nothing wrong. Well today I pulled my plugs and they are all gapped at .045+ when spec is .032. I have a new set of pregapped plugs from Whipple (under warranty) That I'm just installing.:mad:

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like this is a case if you want something done right you need to do it yourself.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
So are you going to take the old plugs to the dealer and show the Service Manager what his tech did and could not find the problem you were telling them about????? Good luck and good find. let us know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Is it iellegal to beat people in Canada?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Great quality control! May want to have that engine scoped to see if the pistons have been damaged.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It gets worse. I was swaping the discharge plate (under the blower-warranty) due to a bolt that let go before reaching torque. Well just my luck it happened again with a different bolt while bolting the bypass valve on. Two of the bolts reached torque spec no problem an the other two let go before reaching torque. I'm just going to ship the whole assembly back to Whipple and let them deal with it. It's pretty frustrating as I was only a couple of hours from having the project done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.