Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Feds are finally saying the "R" word and most know we've been in one since Q4 last year. Anyway,Ford gets it and are throwing $3500 in rebates on 08 stangs. Gt deluxes after rebates and dealers moving down to invoice puts you before taxes at around $21,500, stick to your guns and get that price oh and that's for a stick

the v6s are a little over $15k again, for a stick. It is a buyers market so if you are considering, it's time.

On the down side to the rest of us, with those prices for brand new it only hurts the used market more and your leather, and IUP etc etc doesn't fetch as much as you wish. So maybe we'll see a bunch of new stang owners soon....

and no, i don't work for ford but at these prices, am seriously considering getting a sixer for a project car.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Ugh, and I bought mine for 25K.....
Especially with the price of gas, not many are going to look for a Mustang GT as practical.
The practical people anyway. :D

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i can't afford to grab another car but if i could. i'd grab a 2005 V6 5-speed and slap a CAI+tune, maybe some UDP's and a few other gas increasing things and get good mileage and have a blast :D all the while keeping Laura safe and sound behind a cover and reserving her for the "best" days :)

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It's definitely tempting, but considering I work in the housing industry....this isn't exactly the best time.
Personally, I'm looking for a classic to restore.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
259 Posts
do you have a link to verify this? the ford website still says $1500 , and that is good til March 31

·
Registered
354 Posts
21,500 at all ford places or just where you are located? i live in Birmingham, AL. and was looking for the 06's around 21 to 22k, but if i can get a brand new one for that, who wouldnt? what do i need to do to get that price or at least be able to talk them down?

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
It's definitely tempting, but considering I work in the housing industry....this isn't exactly the best time.
Personally, I'm looking for a classic to restore.:bigthumbsup
You are in the same boat as myself. I do construction and it is pretty slow out there. Yet I bet they are wheeling and dealing right now. A friend of ours own a Ford Dealership and he was saying his buisness is off 60% right now. He was saying they are not really wanting to take trade in either cause they are not selling neither.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Here in Tampa the TV news had a story last week how 1 tow driver with his 1 truck might, in the past, repossess 1 car a week. Now he is averaging 63. The Adessa Auction lot is full and they are, I understand, renting empty space around the country to hold the cars. A month ago Smirky McFlight Suit was telling us the economy was fine, I bet the people at Bear Stearns were glad to hear that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy Cow vintage v8..is there a url for that tv station and is the story on line? Since this is a mustang forum i won't stray off topic. I just wanted to alert folks that if you are in the market for a stang, it's a buyers market right now for new ones. As to rebates, punch in some zip codes for regions and yes, they differ.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My point on the post is do not pass by a deal on a 2007 - 2008 with low mileage for sale. If it checks out as a solid car and at a Ford dealer, it just might be one repoed and would prove to be a good deal.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The Feds are finally saying the "R" word and most know we've been in one since Q4 last year. Anyway,Ford gets it and are throwing $3500 in rebates on 08 stangs. Gt deluxes after rebates and dealers moving down to invoice puts you before taxes at around $21,500, stick to your guns and get that price oh and that's for a stick
torque......man you almost had me throwing up!!!! I JUST placed my order for an 08 stang Friday and they only offer 1500 cash back OR 3.9% for 60 down to 1.9% for 36. I was like....NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!! So, I just went to the ford site and the only thing they offer 3500 back is for 07 Mustangs.....which are harder to find but worth if if you can. For 08s it clearly says 1500 rebate until 3/31/08. After that...who knows.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
My dealer by me is selling 08 GT's for 21,900.. and 08 V6's for 16,000.. those are brand new..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as i suspected, certain areas have less rebate, retro sees the same thing that i am.

maybe some of you just live in more affluent areas and you're the ones with all the money. Seriously, if that were the case, and it seems there is a $2k difference in rebates. You can fly southwest almost anywhere in this country for $200-$300 one way. I'd buy my car as close as possible with the $3500 rebate even if that meant a 16 hour drive home.

It seems GTs are moving in the mid to high 21s in certain areas and that's for a deluxe and stick. it stinks that ford isn't offering it across the contiguous 48...give it time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.