Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I backed off my first curbstop. Nothing touched when I parked there, not sure why it settled in during the day at work. Anyway, when I put it in reverse, idled back slowly as usual, I heard the chin drag. :sosad: Now, last time I had a car, a sound like that was no biggie, just roughs up the very bottom of the plastic, the part that only the oil change guys see, so I didn't worry about it. This morning tho, I looked underneath, and its sprung, drooping on one side.:weeps I was shocked to find absolutely NO metal on the frontend at all! Its flimsy plastic connected to more flimsy plastic. Just for S's & G's, take your finger and poke the bottom of the chin upwards. Notice how everything under the headlights moves. :what:

So beware of curbs, especially you previous SUV and pickup drivers like me. LOL, I'm used to pulling in till I feel the tires bump. Its SO hard to stop short of the concrete thingy.

I'm going to have to visit the body shop Monday, to see if they can do something about the warp/droop, it looks bad.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Back it in!

Funny, I was just walking out to my car and noticed an nice gentle scrap on my front bumper. Had to be from the grocery strore on the way home today. I was pissed!!!! but shrugged it off and said good thing I didnt have my mustang yet, lol. But Ill be parking in the FAR lot for this exact reason.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it again yesterday

I swear there's no hope for me, I've driven a pickup truck for too long.:sterb: This time I broke a plastic clip thingy and hubby had to rig it with a big washer and a nut/bolt. I can't remember to back it in either. Maybe eventually the shame of driving around with a droopy chin will make me *think*. Anyone know where I can get curb feelers? :what:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Get out of the car and roll it backwards. With you not in the car it might be enough to lift the chin so it won't drag back across the parking stop.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
A lift kit is in order for that puppy!
Forget about ever getting a chin spoiler!

Sorry to hear Sunboss, always think it could be worse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts