Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an Anderson Powerpipe from Anderson Ford Motorsports. These are big in the Fox and New Edge communities but they now have one for the 2005+ GT and V6.

AFM 4.6/5.4 Power Pipes

I'm looking at the powerpipe setup for my Vortech.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Holy cow! 20 hp on a N/A Stang with a stock tune! WHOA!

Great stuff, thanks STL! :)

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
sounds liek a winner, id like to hear someone try it out on here.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
and here i though that my JLT was as big as they got....

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Yup, the Power Pipe is able to give lots of power for us 5.0 guys. I'm surprised you S197 guys haven't gotten it yet but it's about time they made it for you.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may take the plunge but $800 for and intake and new MAF sensor is a lot of coin.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I may take the plunge but $800 for and intake and new MAF sensor is a lot of coin.
Has it ever stopped you before? :scratchchin

·
Registered
781 Posts
It's an Anderson Powerpipe from Anderson Ford Motorsports. These are big in the Fox and New Edge communities but they now have one for the 2005+ GT and V6.

AFM 4.6/5.4 Power Pipes

I'm looking at the powerpipe setup for my Vortech.
dibs when u sell it!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Looks cool, but $500 for the N/A aplication? :eyebulge:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I stumbled across these guys the other day and saw their camshafts for the new GT's. Pretty impressive stuff, more race applications than anything, but pretty cool.

·
Registered
144 Posts
"we have seen increases up to 19 additional rear wheel horsepower from simply installing the Power Pipe® with DBX mass air meter. There is no need to flash your Ford computer for the PKAF-0125C to work on your GT."

I'll believe that when I see it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just noticed, instead of saying their entire name all the time, they just say AFM. That's pretty cool...

·
Registered
633 Posts
i dont buy it if it is geting more air these 05+ needs the pcm flashed with a tuner.what i am wondering is there any way to make it work with what i already have.like using there inlet tube with my tuner and [email protected] con filter or somthing.or i could be way off.i am pretty happy with my [email protected] cai i guese.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had a custom CAI tube made for my car. I went from 421rwhp to 447rwhp and with a new tune. My air filter is also located behind the bumper. Rain isn't a problem or washing the car, as long as you don't shoot water directly at the air filter. Plus KB has they're filter this way and how people heard of a problem with them?

Dyno chart 21 Nov 08 :: DynoChartMovie.flv video by msgt46270 - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"we have seen increases up to 19 additional rear wheel horsepower from simply installing the Power Pipe® with DBX mass air meter. There is no need to flash your Ford computer for the PKAF-0125C to work on your GT."

I'll believe that when I see it.
That MAF sensor is 1000 times better than the OEM. It even has a USB and software you can use to adjust it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I saw this in a magazine today, it looks like a really cool CAI. Yet It is so much more with the MAF and software .

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.