Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Poped in to my local Ford Racing/Roush shop today to inquire about a T-Lock for my 06 Vert. Parts were cheap, they told me I needed I needed FRPP M-4204-C75 which is a 7.5" LSD for 28 spline axles. Part was only 160 or so, but he wanted 6hrs to do it. I thought the hours were high, does that sound about right?
Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, he only mentioned that I needed that 1 part. I thought the hours were high too. He asked me if I wanted to change my gearing, I said no, that I'm fine with the stock ones.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Six is a bit high, I usually get 5 hours for a gear swap. Getting the pinion depth and gear pattern can take a couple times too perfect. But since you are reusing the stock gears he could reuse the stock carrier shims and the backlash should be real close.I'd say 3 hours would be more appropriate for just the diff replacement.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mine took 5 for a gear swap and the t-lok so ya to high

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I went to my dealership and I kinda laughed when the guy talked to me. Said hes never heard of 4.10s for the 7.5 rear end. And then he said he would need 9 hours for gear swap and T-lok. :nogrinner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.