Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install my MAC prochamber on my 04 gt, but the stock mid pipe removal is giving me problems.. the passenger side nut, closest to the body will NOT come off.. I cant seem to get a good grip or angle on it either even with a swivel..

any suggestions?

·
Registered
420 Posts
more than one swivel? lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had two, broke one on the other passenger side nut.. Now im down to one swivel lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow that sucks. i didnt have any problems with getting mine off i just hit it with an impact and a long extention and it came right off. good luck.

·
0 Posts
Try spraying it with some penetrating oil such as WD-40 and let it soak. Give it an hour or so than heat it up with a small torch. The heat trick has always worked for me.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
281 Posts
pb blaster should work better than wd-40.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
penetrating fluid seemed to work, got it off..

Got the prochamber on, but now it sounds like i got rank exhaust leak..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Did you replace or re-use the gasket on the passenger side? If you reused it then it's highly likely that's your problem. I don't recommend re-using the gasket since it's a hit or miss thing, more miss than hit that it'll seal again. Go to a dealership and get this gasket:
Should run about $15 US.
When you go to install the new gasket you'll notice that the metal seal is thicker on one side than the other. The thicker part you'll want to install towards the motor. Now it's very important that you torque to 30 lbft. No more, no less. Good luck let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Best way to get that bolt is with a 3/8 impact swivel and a 6" extension, the socket has to be mid-length, the deep ones are too long to fit and the short ones won't fit over the shaft. Use the right socket, a 3/8 impact swivel, a 6" extension, and put that on a 1/2" breaker bar with the 1/2 to 3/8 adapter and its easy as pie. Actually easier, have you ever made pie, that's a pain in the assss. Sounds like you forgot the gasket on the one side.

·
Registered
603 Posts
GET SOME PB BLASTER LET SIT OVER NIGHT VISE GRIP MAKES STRIPPED BOLT SOCKETS THAT WILL GET IT!:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.