Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. maybe i should be posting this in the power adders forum but i like yall guys alot. Ok, what nitrous kit should i get... im puzzled. I only plan on spraying a 50 shot and i was thinking the dry kit that mustang tuning sells. Its cheat and looks really easy and quick. But i always heard that dry kits are not as good for you car as wet kits.... any input... and what kits are yall packin!

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
I plan on installing the Zex kit this spring. It appears to be the easiest install and can be had for about $449 for the dry kit and $499 for the wet on ebay. Alot of people don't trust the stock fuel system to adjust for fuel, but a 50 shot should be pretty safe. Also, I'm not sure what kit you are refering to on Mustang Tuning, but if its the Venom V500 Recluse it only comes with a 10 oz. bottle. Thats more for hiding and will not last you long at all. Just my opinion, good luck!

·
Registered
701 Posts
ScaryFast

Dry kits rely on the oxygen sensors to adjust for more fuel. Since it takes a couple of mili seconds to sense and adjust for lean combustion you WILL have a lean condition, but only for a very short amount of time.
A wet kit, as long as propperly tuned, is safe. Since you get the bigger bang per buck (same price), I would totaly go with a wet, plate style.
More over, the small bottle of the dry kit would be a pain in the a$$ to refill. I don't know, but you can probabely only use it a few times and the bottle will be empty.

See this wet kit:
www.summitracing.com
do search for: NEX-20946-10

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.