Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have a Prochamber w/ cats now, but i want it louder so im going to go with an offroad pipe.
Im thinking of just getting an O/R prochamber because i heard they sound really loud with maganapacks. I really like the deep sound my H gives me.
I was also considering an X pipe. What would you guys recommend with packs. Just keep in mind that i like the depper sounds, and i know thats not what you get with an X.
Should i go with the O/R prochamber or not. What are y'alls thoughts?

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
X = ugly sound, IMHO

I too, like the deep sound of an h-pipe. I cannot speak for the prochamber, but when I switched from an x to h, I noticed a big difference. The h is quieter in the cab, but when I pass another car with the windows down, it seem just as loud as the x was. The tone is also so much smoother.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well does anyone know if the MAC o/r H or the prochamber is louder??

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
Ok guys i have a Prochamber w/ cats now, but i want it louder so im going to go with an offroad pipe.
Im thinking of just getting an O/R prochamber because i heard they sound really loud with maganapacks. I really like the deep sound my H gives me.
I was also considering an X pipe. What would you guys recommend with packs. Just keep in mind that i like the depper sounds, and i know thats not what you get with an X.
Should i go with the O/R prochamber or not. What are y'alls thoughts?
I had a 98 GT Vert a couple of years ago... I had an offroad BASSANI X on it and it sounded MEAN! I used to set off car alarms with it. It still wasn't too bad in the car, and I had mufflers and everything. You could still stand the car even with the top down. It was more DEEP than loud. MEAN!! My buddy with a bullitt said it sounded like a nascar.

I plan to do the same exhaust on my 98 GT hardtop. I may go with a hi-flow cat on it instead of an offroad pipe though...

CC

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that i've heard really good things about Bassani, so if i decided to go with an X, i'd most likely get Bassani. I dont see how it sounds that deep if its an X. Does anyone have any clips of Bassani with magnaflow or Bassani with some SLPs??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.