Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,, im having hard time trying to decide to go with the off road x pipe or the h pipe,, any info will be helpful, thank you all so much,,sully,,:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
563 Posts
You will have Better flo with a X pipe and better sound with a H pipe from what I have head but I am not sure I completely believe it.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Oh yea the X you get a raspy sound in the exhaust while the H you get a deeper sound.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I currently have the Basanni X pipe and have Kooks headers and a H pipe with high flow cats on order. I have Borla stingers and I am currently running stock cats just to keep the sound down a bit. With the offroad pipes in place with the X, my car is loud and sounds like crap. IMO the H sounds much better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I won't be much help here because I have only heard my own car, but I have the Kooks with a catted X and stingers, and it sounds great. I also added Hot Rod cams at the same time so I am not sure which sounds are coming from what, but I am happy with the package. Deep at idle, but it has a high performance roar at WOT especially above 3500 -

crap _ i just reread your post and you are asking about off-road. sorry!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If you have people (kids) in the backseat an h pipe will drone more in the interior. You do not get much drone (hum) in the interior wilt the x pipes. I like the offroad x with the GTA mufflers.However, with some mufflers they sound terrible.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you have people (kids) in the backseat an h pipe will drone more in the interior. You do not get much drone (hum) in the interior wilt the x pipes. I like the offroad x with the GTA mufflers.However, with some mufflers they sound terrible.
I did notice a significate reduction in drone with the X pipe. I am hopping it doesn't come back with the Kooks. Dealing with the exhaust issues on these cars is frustrating to me. If the drone is too bad after the header install, I'm going to have resonators welded in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too am in a similar boat right now. Ive decided on the Pypes violator axleback and them do come in a kit with the off road X ( will probably get the cats though ) but been reading that the H might be better with this axleback system. There is so much varrying opinion out there it truly is tough to decide and being in a market with very little aftermarket support makes it even harder, so I order everything online - :headscratch:

So any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I too am in a similar boat right now. Ive decided on the Pypes violator axleback and them do come in a kit with the off road X ( will probably get the cats though ) but been reading that the H might be better with this axleback system. There is so much varrying opinion out there it truly is tough to decide and being in a market with very little aftermarket support makes it even harder, so I order everything online - :headscratch:

So any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated :bigthumbsup
The best way to tell is go to a car show and ask what the guys are running and ask to hear it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The best way to tell is go to a car show and ask what the guys are running and ask to hear it.
Agree 100 % unless you get a deal you can't refuse:hihi:

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Agree 100 % unless you get a deal you can't refuse:hihi:
Those are the ones I stay away from. You buy cheap, you get cheap;)

As far as sound goes the H-pipes soud kinda like your classiv 5.0 with Flows. You know, the ones you can hear in the middle of the night even if they were out of the way.

The X-pipe sounds like it's spinning the motor faster (which I like). I never thought of them as "raspy". To me my X pipes with a set of magnaflows sounds like A sportbike with a huge motor.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Those are the ones I stay away from. You buy cheap, you get cheap;)

As far as sound goes the H-pipes soud kinda like your classiv 5.0 with Flows. You know, the ones you can hear in the middle of the night even if they were out of the way.

The X-pipe sounds like it's spinning the motor faster (which I like). I never thought of them as "raspy". To me my X pipes with a set of magnaflows sounds like A sportbike with a huge motor.
I love those deals, paid 100.00 for my FRPP GTA'S (love the sound) and just over 200.00 for my CDC complete shaker assembly.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well guys there has been a change in plans! The Kooks with the H pipe are at least a week out. The X is available for shipment in a day or so. I thought mine were on the way but they are not. Since I have already tore the car down (see my thread), I am going with the X. I hope that I will not regret it. There is definately a difference between the design of the Kooks X and the Bassani X. I'm hoping that the sound will be better, especially with the addition of the headers. I am also hoping that the drone will not be as bad with the X. I'll just have to wait and see. If this don't work for me, I will buy a set of chambered mufflers and replace the X with an H later down the road when I have the funds. Pretty soon I will be able to open a mustang parts store with all these changes.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The nice thing is that if you don't like the sound you can sell very easy. Make changing direction a little less expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.