1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It's just a hair more convenient than switching out the O/R for cats on emission testing day. I'd just keep the stock cats on if your dead set against going O/R, the price is too steep for the gains your gonna make.. you can throw on an aluminized O/R H on for $150 bucks and if you do side by side Dyno tests between it and that $600 Bassani you not gonna see much difference in numbers over that $$$ priced Catted X

·
Registered
190 Posts
cat converters erode and loose flow efficiency with time,those #'s are when they are new.if your looking for performance,just follow brutal metal advise.:so

·
Registered
340 Posts
Also it is illegal to remove your catalytic converts. I'm not too sure about the 99/01 SVT Cobra but the 03/04 Cobra's have 6 catalytic converters stock from the factory.

I had to get rid of that configuration, I have the Bassani CATTED hi-flow X-pipe. For me $555.75 is too much money, but then again its not a bad price for the flexibiltiy of switching between off road and street legal in minutes.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Also it is illegal to remove your catalytic converts.
HaHa!! Yeah in the Utter Vastness of this Cosmos we're spinning in a few Stangs are gonna end Civilization as we know it because of a few hydrocarbons out of the Exhaust?? LMFAO, compared to the Metro Buses and out of tune crap boxes with clogged up and broke Cats running up and down the streets my Car is breathing roses out the exhaust pipes with a perfect 12:8 Air Fuel Ratio! Hells YEAH!! O/R H all the WAY!!
In the 20 years I've been in the Stang scene I can count on ONE hand the number of guys I knew that kept their Cats on!!
I guess we all need to be burnt at the Stake, hehe!!:happyhapp:nogrinner

·
Registered
190 Posts
brutal metal is right.if the car is tune and well maintained,they need to prove that i need cats.this devices are design with the people that don't give a $%^& about theirs cars in mind..like the city buses,that everybody knows they are not well serviced.:so

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also it is illegal to remove your catalytic converts.
HaHa!! Yeah in the Utter Vastness of this Cosmos we're spinning in a few Stangs are gonna end Civilization as we know it because of a few hydrocarbons out of the Exhaust?? LMFAO, compared to the Metro Buses and out of tune crap boxes with clogged up and broke Cats running up and down the streets my Car is breathing roses out the exhaust pipes with a perfect 12:8 Air Fuel Ratio! Hells YEAH!! O/R H all the WAY!!
In the 20 years I've been in the Stang scene I can count on ONE hand the number of guys I knew that kept their Cats on!!
I guess we all need to be burnt at the Stake, hehe!!:happyhapp:nogrinner
It is entirely irrelevant how well your car is tuned. The point of a catalytic converter is to convert carbon monoxide (a pollutant/green house gas) to carbon dioxide, which is the same gas we exhale after taking a breath. Now, knowing all of this, it is fine to take your cats off, as I did, and replace them with an o/r pipe, so long as you realize what exactly your doing, and don't make uneducated comments.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I have two stangs, one with off road and one with hi flow catted...the main difference I see is that the catted one will keep your car quieter and "gasp" the environment cleaner...by the way one volcanic eruption releases more greeenhouse gases than all the manmade gases produced since we arrived on Earth...an "inconvenient truth"....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.