Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Speed of Sound gauge pod installed, water temp gauge and Raptor shift light hooked up. Now I just need to get my A/F gauge hooked up. Instructions say NOT to hook it up to the wire going to the O2 sensor, but instead hook it to the same wire in a harness somewhere. The wiring harness that all four of the O2 sensors wires come from runs across the top of the transmission and is impossible to get to. So my only other ( and more desireable ) option is to find that harness in the engine compartment, locate the wire in quesiton and splice it in there.
Does anyone know what harness and wire I need? I have seen the wiring diagrams from the service manual DVD. Kind of useless. According to the DVD, practically everything going to that harness connects to a red/yellow wire. :madas: I am pretty sure that is not the case! It is easy enough to see where the harness comes up in the engine compartment, but it almost immediately joins in to a main harness. So if anyone knows where I could pick up the wire I need perhaps at the power distribution block or the PCM, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the diagrams from the Ford service manual DVD

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Shifter Area

Can You Get To It From In The Car.. Thru The Shift Area
If You Remove The Center Con.. And Shifter..???:?:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea. Even if I could get to the harness, no guarentee that I would be able to trace an O2 wire from the sensor to the the harness through the space available. Certainly not going to pull the shifter out to check. But it was a good thought.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one on this board installed A/F monitor or wideband sensors? No drag racers here?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the narrowband garbage installed.. It's worthless. If you look by your brake pedal you will see a rubber thing that can be pulled out and there is your hole in the firewall.. just get under the car and find the o2 into the cat and it will connect into 4 other wires... well if you look at them and follow the instructions on hooking it up it will work. I did mine so long ago I Forgot what color wire it is, I won't see my car until friday then I can tell you exactly which one it is... It takes a minute before you will get a good reading once started.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
2k5stang said:
I have the narrowband garbage installed.. It's worthless.
Why is it worthless/garbage?

·
Registered
110 Posts
5twenty said:
Why is it worthless/garbage?
Cause you have no clue what's going on. The wideband is the way to go, Gives you a accurate reading. The narrow band bounces all over the places, I don't know if I'm rich or lean...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts