Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of out there, but anyone that has to do a emissions test with an OBDII scan and you have a tune, one that may include rear o2's turned off, will give you 3 not ready monitors. In Illinois thats a reject. We are allowed 1 on 2000+.

I know it has been talked about before, but I decided to scan mine in preparation for the test. I figured I would only have 1 not ready. But the system will not go to the other monitors if its not getting a signal from the rear 02's. Resulting in 3 not ready readings :(

Time to get that emissions friendly tune for the test, lol.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
This is kind of out there, but anyone that has to do a emissions test with an OBDII scan and you have a tune, one that may include rear o2's turned off, will give you 3 not ready monitors. In Illinois thats a reject. We are allowed 1 on 2000+.

I know it has been talked about before, but I decided to scan mine in preparation for the test. I figured I would only have 1 not ready. But the system will not go to the other monitors if its not getting a signal from the rear 02's. Resulting in 3 not ready readings :(

Time to get that emissions friendly tune for the test, lol.
That is what Chris at Tillmans did for me. I have one just for emission that turns the rear 02s on. I load that up the day before and drive to work which is 100 round trip and then do the test. It passes with flying colors and then I just reload the good one back in. Give him a call and talk to him and see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. brenspeed will do this for me. I think I still have my original tune that was for CAI only with the rear o2's on. I drove my car for a week with no cats and never had a code, oh well, plenty of time before my test.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Yeah. brenspeed will do this for me. I think I still have my original tune that was for CAI only with the rear o2's on. I drove my car for a week with no cats and never had a code, oh well, plenty of time before my test.

That might just work. I'm doing mine next week.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I'm sure he still has that tune on-file. He'll probably do that for you for free.

·
Registered
542 Posts
That is what Chris at Tillmans did for me. I have one just for emission that turns the rear 02s on. I load that up the day before and drive to work which is 100 round trip and then do the test. It passes with flying colors and then I just reload the good one back in. Give him a call and talk to him and see what he can do for you.

So you dont have to change anything else? Keep the CAI on etc, just install an emissions tune?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.