Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 gt mustang
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive 95 mustang' there are two wires that cross fire wall to passenger side. I had two pig tails that connected to the obd1 port and a smaller port. These two pigtail are gone now someone stole while the car was in storage. I think this is why I have no spark and gas pressure. If I cannot find this small wire harness or female pigtails I will hard wire. The smaller pigtail could be obvious but what port do I plug into the larger black pigtail? And will this let me start, all was fine when I drove to storage. Please and thank you
Kevin S
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Engineering Metal Automotive tire Finger Tread Wheel Rim

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Find a wiring diagram for the car and make the connections using insulated butt connectors and the same size chassis wire. Once you get the engine running then you can replace the hack with proper connectors.

How long has the car been stored? If greater than 6 months, you should clean out the fuel system before attempting to start.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The 2 connectors you show in picture 2 are for the obd1 system. Nothing should be jumpered or plugged into these for normal driving. Only for diagnostics.

How have you confirmed you have no spark or fuel pressure? Building fuel pressure and having spark are largely isolated from each other. Only thing common would be the ECU, a dead battery, or an alarm system.

·
Registered
1995 gt mustang
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must have something . Cuz i dont hear the fuel pump come on. There is no spark cuz ive checck

I must have something unplugged

·
Registered
720 Posts
I must have something . Cuz i dont hear the fuel pump come on. There is no spark cuz ive checck

I must have something unplugged
What is the battery voltage. What is the voltage at the pump?

Did you put a fuel pressure gauge at the rail?

The only place where both of these could be disconnected at the same time is at the computer itself.

·
Registered
1995 gt mustang
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disconnect at comp i agree. New battery two wks ago. No i did not put ga. at fuel rail , normally if pump is energized, should nt fuel spurt from that port if you press on the valve? And def dont have spark. Cranks and cranks but nothing. Half tnk of gas . The door is restricted by junk. Ill push out to veiw the #18 fuse

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the connector in the first picture is for the IAC Valve. Check to see if I'm right.

What are the wire colors to the connector in the first picture. Can you take a pic of the connector end like you did for the obd connector in the second pic?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Disconnect at comp i agree. New battery two wks ago. No i did not put ga. at fuel rail , normally if pump is energized, should nt fuel spurt from that port if you press on the valve? And def dont have spark. Cranks and cranks but nothing. Half tnk of gas . The door is restricted by junk. Ill push out to veiw the #18 fuse

If the car has sat for a long time it may take multiple priming cycles to pressurize the rail.

I think the connector in the first picture is for the IAC Valve. Check to see if I'm right.

What are the wire colors to the connector in the first picture. Can you take a pic of the connector end like you did for the obd connector in the second pic?
Was thinking the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts