Ford Mustang Forum banner

Occasional trouble getting into reverse

2328 12
Hello,

First, forgive me if this is an ignorant question. My 2006 V6 Pony Package is the first manual transmission car that I've ever owned, so I'm still fairly inexperienced. Since I got the car in September, every now and then (maybe two or three times a week), I have trouble getting the car into reverse. I try to put the shifter there, and it feels like something is blocking it. I usually have to run the shifter through the pattern (first through fifth), and then I can get it to go into reverse. I don't notice any sort of patter (location, weather, inclination/declination, etc.) either. Is this normal, or might there be something wrong? It's starting to get annoying.

Also, I've noticed that the rear window defroster sometimes takes as long as half an hour to clear the back window (just frost/slight ice, no snow). Anyone else have that slow of response with the defroster?

Other than this, I LOVE my car. I've got a picture of it at the Legend Lime Registry site.

Thanks,

David Green
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
So happy to hear you say that...I've gakked on 3rd TWICE over 8 runs at the dragstrip. Thought I was the world's biggest choke artist ever...
GTNOS said:
anyone having a problem with 3rd, or is it me. i hate 3rd. cant find it sometimes when im running fast.... annoying.... i havent driven a stick in 6 or 7 years so i am still getting re-acquainted. my friend who has an 02 GT who has driven nothing but a stick all of his life and is very good with it had the same complaint about the 3650. he advised a steeda tri-ax short throw with its spring loaded 3rd gear assist. never has had to find 3rd again he says.... just wondering if i am the only one... and i agree with brnrkm, good car to learn or get re-acquainted with. very forgiving.
My defroster is not so quick either. It's a lot of glass to heat, but I think the filaments are pretty thin too.

Solution? A car cover!

Happy trails, bro!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.