Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone has used this STP Octane booster and did you notice any difference

Attachments

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it's garbage, get Torco or Lucas, they are the only ones that work

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You wont notice a difference (in any thing but your bank account) if your car is not tuned for the higher octane level.

It may even slow you down!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I actually just bought that an hour ago the gas milage is going way better it feels smoither and i just used it then put a 93 octane tune on (mixed it with 91) its only five bucks wont hurt to try it for yourself, nos also makes one thats 13 bucks it says it boosts it 60 points up (6octane) they sell it at autozone now im going to try it with my next fill up:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Stevo, if you're mixing it to get to the 93 octane for the tune, that's okay. If you make your tank say 98oct and use a 93 tune, you'll only waste money.

BTW make sure you use enough booster to safely make 93 octane or even 94 octane. With the 93 tune you run the risk of damage with lesser than the required octane level. And I would think that you can order a tune for a higher (higher than 93)octane level. That way you can take advantage of having the higher level.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I actually just bought that an hour ago the gas milage is going way better it feels smoither and i just used it then put a 93 octane tune on (mixed it with 91) its only five bucks wont hurt to try it for yourself, nos also makes one thats 13 bucks it says it boosts it 60 points up (6octane) they sell it at autozone now im going to try it with my next fill up:bigthumbsup
A 60 point boost could very well be .6, IOWs, 93 to 93.6

From the links above:

STP Octane Booster – 350ml treats 57 litres RRP: $10.95
Octane Improvement: 97.4 (+0.6 RON)
One of the cheapest of the group, the STP was also one of the hardest to find. Auto stores either didn’t stock it, or had simply run out! Claiming to increase the octane 2-5 points, in a well-designed-for-pouring bottle, the STP – used in the ratio determined by the label – improved the octane marginally by just over half a point. A little disappointing unless you interpret STP’s claim actually meant 0.2-0.5 points. Then it’s a good result!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
FWIW, some S197 GT owners have experienced spark plug fouling when using octane boosters.
+1

and carbon buildup on piston crowns if I'm not mistaken with prolonged usage

·
Registered
365 Posts
A 60 point boost could very well be .6, IOWs, 93 to 93.6

From the links above:

STP Octane Booster – 350ml treats 57 litres RRP: $10.95
Octane Improvement: 97.4 (+0.6 RON)
One of the cheapest of the group, the STP was also one of the hardest to find. Auto stores either didn’t stock it, or had simply run out! Claiming to increase the octane 2-5 points, in a well-designed-for-pouring bottle, the STP – used in the ratio determined by the label – improved the octane marginally by just over half a point. A little disappointing unless you interpret STP’s claim actually meant 0.2-0.5 points. Then it’s a good result!
10 points actually equals one octane protha, every point is. 1 octane and the company that makes it is nos, its good stuff i tried it bigg difference you can tell it just makes the exaust flow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts