Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking about buying this mustang. eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 150225273031 end time Mar-22-08 16:14:34 PDT)
It says it has 51,000 miles but i know it is possible that it has 151,000 if the odometer rolled over. I got the history report and there is a 11 year gap with no information so I know it could have rolled over in that time. So I was wondering if there is any way to tell if the odometer rolled over like looking at how the speedometer rests. I heard that if the odometer rolls over it makes the speedometer rest differently. Is this true? I am going to look at the car, check the pedals, seats, etc. But I know sometimes that is not enough. Thanks in advance, Tim

·
Registered
960 Posts
it could be possible that the car hasnt rolled over because the condition it is in it looks like the car was garaged or restored so it probably hasnt rolled over but you never know it could have but even if you shouldnt have to worry because my car almost has 200k its at 192k and it still runs like new these engines are really reliable my dad drove his 96 ranger(it has the same engine as a 2.3 mustang)for 300k then sold it for 1500 he even at one point had to drive it with no coolant because blown hose no $ for tow so even if it has 150k it would still be a good buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the brake pedal.

One method ive used over the years is to look at the rubber grip on the brake pedal. A car with 50,000 miles should have little to no wear on it campared to a car with 350,000. The more its driven the more wear there is. My 68 mustang was worn down to the metal and had over 300,000 on it. Hope this helps. :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.