Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how's it hangin?

I need some info about my '05 machined 17" please.

- What is their width? 17x8 or 17x8.5? how can I check?
- How much do they weigh? are they light weight?
- How large of tire can I safely go? stock is 235/55/17
- Where can I get 'pony' center caps for them?

alright. keep it rollin' :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have some pony centercaps if you would like to purchase some. A set of 4. Price is $30 plus shipping. I have no idea on the other questions. I have a set of 18x8.5.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The stock 17's are no lightweight wheels. With the tires they are just under 52lbs. Which is just crazy because my brother has stock 17's on his sti and they weigh about 28 lbs with tires.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The stock 17 inch wheels are 8 inches wide, and that would limit you to 255 wide rubber- I have 255/50/17 Nittos on my stock 17" wheels- they are nice, fat tires and they are approx the same diameter as the stock tire. Ford Racing catalog has a variety of center caps available for your wheels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wheel Weight

Does anyone out there know the weight of the upgraded 17" 2005/06 GT machined rims? I have been unable to find that info on the Ford website. Just deciding if I want to buy some 2007 18" Shelby Cobra rims and I am concerned about extra sprung weight.

Thanks

MSBMustang

R

·
0 Posts
I have a set of Snake Spinners chromed (3 spoked) for sale as I have new 18" wheels and can't use em anymore, they fit 17" stock Bullits and look real sweet, let me know if anyone wants em.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Are people still racing with magnesium alloy wheels? I don't think I've seen any for a long time- they were really light wheels!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok first question answered thanks. So do they weigh 28 lbs, is that confirmed? so how light should the wheels be to be considered light weight?
thanks for the site for the center caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts