Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an offroad h or even x pipe and can give me some feedback? I just ordered the lethal performance offroad h pipe. Was thinking of getting the GT500 axlebacks when back in stock but depends on how much louder these off road pipes make the car sound.

Id like something throaty at start up and not too loud as a daily driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm running a lethal o/r h pipe with the stock mufflers.

On startup it sounds awesome. If you have it out of gear and just rev it sounds deep and mean. Normal driving it is hardly any louder than stock. But when you give it gas it starts getting louder. It isn't obnoxiously loud though for me it was pretty much perfect.

I too was considering the gt500 axlebacks but they weren't in stock and now I feel like I don't need any more volume.

The 15hp pickup is all there as well. I used a Performance Box (10hz GPS) to measure before and after runs, dropped .25 seconds in single gear 15-55 pull.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Is there any drone at all? Looking like this might be the only exhaust mod I need to make.

I was concerned about emissions to but if you have a tuner you can just tune it where no CEL will pop up? I think most states dont sniff test OBDII cars, correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have the bbr off road x pipe with stock axle back. it sounds close to stock. just a little bit louder but i like it. i had roush axle back and that was just to loud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kooks longtubes with o/r H. Rest of exhaust is stock, sounds very awesome at startup to idle, after it idles down, it has more tone, but not loud at all. Sounds good with the sound tube, gonna take it off sometime and try it like that, before possibly getting gt500 mufflers. Other go fast mods will happen before that though. :yup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can any of you guys post/link some videos of those setups?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts