Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome you guys to our own little hangout for the 3.7L V6 Mustang.

As Discussed in the 2011+ V6 Tech Section HERE, this club is where we will manage our group hangouts and determine the events we would like to participate in.

Anyone in the state of Florida with a 2011+ V6 is more than welcome to come out to the meets, participate in drag strip/track days, and suggest ideas for us to do.

We welcome conversation from the V8 guys, but please understand this is our small corner of the universe. With MUCH respect to the 5.0, most car shows/meets/clubs we all attend are dominated by the Coyote engined Mustang.

Because Florida is so expansive, we have decided to try and make each and every outing count. The group will meet every 3-4 months to allow for proper planning, or, meet more frequently in smaller groups at our own discrestion.

Example:

Event #1 may be held at Orlando Speedworld in June and ALL members are encouraged to attend. Between total group events, the crew from Miami/West Palm/Boca Raton, can feel free to attend PBIR at anytime. The crew from Clearwater/Sarasota may attend events at BMP at anytime. So on and so forth.

We will all do our best to cycle around at various locations throughout the state to keep things fair in regards to member travel. There is NO obligation to do ANYTHING suggested, but highly encouraged.

Most things will be trial and error for a while, but I will do my best to keep things as orderly as possible. I do not believe that I can get a sticky thread in this part of the forum, so please, make sure to subscribe to this thread and stay tuned for more info.

Again, there is no pressure or obligation to any of this, but if you feel this is something you'd like to be a part of, please make a post of your location and interest level. IE; Cruises, Meets, Drag Strip, Autocross, etc

I look forward to finally meeting you all, putting faces to screenames (and cars), hearing the different exhaust, and finally seeing how versatile the 3.7L V6 is.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Welcome you guys to our own little hangout for the 3.7L V6 Mustang.

As Discussed in the 2011+ V6 Tech Section HERE, this club is where we will manage our group hangouts and determine the events we would like to participate in.

Anyone in the state of Florida with a 2011+ V6 is more than welcome to come out to the meets, participate in drag strip/track days, and suggest ideas for us to do.

We welcome conversation from the V8 guys, but please understand this is our small corner of the universe. With MUCH respect to the 5.0, most car shows/meets/clubs we all attend are dominated by the Coyote engined Mustang.

Because Florida is so expansive, we have decided to try and make each and every outing count. The group will meet every 3-4 months to allow for proper planning, or, meet more frequently in smaller groups at our own discrestion.

Example:

Event #1 may be held at Orlando Speedworld in June and ALL members are encouraged to attend. Between total group events, the crew from Miami/West Palm/Boca Raton, can feel free to attend PBIR at anytime. The crew from Clearwater/Sarasota may attend events at BMP at anytime. So on and so forth.

We will all do our best to cycle around at various locations throughout the state to keep things fair in regards to member travel. There is NO obligation to do ANYTHING suggested, but highly encouraged.

Most things will be trial and error for a while, but I will do my best to keep things as orderly as possible. I do not believe that I can get a sticky thread in this part of the forum, so please, make sure to subscribe to this thread and stay tuned for more info.

Again, there is no pressure or obligation to any of this, but if you feel this is something you'd like to be a part of, please make a post of your location and interest level. IE; Cruises, Meets, Drag Strip, Autocross, etc

I look forward to finally meeting you all, putting faces to screenames (and cars), hearing the different exhaust, and finally seeing how versatile the 3.7L V6 is.
President Jasin - thanks for your efforts as always. You are the king organizer! I have started to PM all the FL guys and will continue to make sure everyone is aware in case they are not hitting the Florida is Awesome thread.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Glad we got this rolling :rollgrin:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey guys, looks like I missed a lot here!! Thanks for the heads up LandtoSea.

Just to help us narrow down the dates we should look at track blackout dates. Personally I'd love to meet you all.. but I also want to race, so lets do a track day as well as a meet and greet. Also, I'm not really down for the membership fees, maybe later when things get serious but I don't need anymore monthly fees! I wouldn't mind paying in on a track rental or other events, that sounds good.

PBIR:
Calendar of Events
PBIR only does "Test n Tune" (1/4 track days) on Fridays and Wednesdays, so keep that in mind. Looks like it'll suck in June too because they have all the grudge matches full up on Saturdays.. and those guys practice on the Test and Tunes nights and slow everything down, ask LandtoSea. Though they have a "street racing made safe" event on the 29th... and I'm looking to smoke some imports.

I might hit up PBIR this Friday.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Do we want to set a deadline to put dates in the spreadsheet so that a decision can be made? With the few dates entered so far it is looking like 6/2 or 6/8 for Orlando and 7/20 for PBIR.
LandToSea you PM'd everyone correct?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is anyone else's thread subscriptions not working?

·
Banned
1,373 Posts

·
Banned
1,373 Posts

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Do we want to set a deadline to put dates in the spreadsheet so that a decision can be made? With the few dates entered so far it is looking like 6/2 or 6/8 for Orlando and 7/20 for PBIR.
LandToSea you PM'd everyone correct?
I did PM everyone. Kerrdogg has a lot on his plate with family illness so he can't commit right now.

I just say we set a first meet date by 5-18

I am going to post a redirect on V6 Tech this weekend so anyone who we may have missed or not know of can be aware of the thread. Personally, I NEVER leave V6 Tech so if this started here I would not know unless someone told me!!! Hey, maybe if we rename it to "V6 Tech Group" instead of AFM-FL 3.7 Chapter it will qualify to stay in that section? ...lol

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Facebook page is up...

Trying to get the link to the page now... Not a facebook user...

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Facebook page is up...

Trying to get the link to the page now... Not a facebook user...
Nice, didn't know you were doing that. I am not a big FB user either but I pop on real fast once a week.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Carried over from the other thread:

I think we should make exceptions for any awesome vendors/manufacturers :bigthumbsup They just have to bring goodies for a giveaway :winks
Of course Sharad is welcome to come as a vendor! I think it is a great way for them to see the V6 cars and how they respond to different designs to give feedback to engineers!
Yay! If you guys make this a club/show, we can arrange to send stuffers for gift bags, maybe even parts for a raffle if the group gets big. If you make the show somewhere near us (WPB/PBIR) we may be able to attend some of your events. :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carried over from the other thread:

Yay! If you guys make this a club/show, we can arrange to send stuffers for gift bags, maybe even parts for a raffle if the group gets big. If you make the show somewhere near us (WPB/PBIR) we may be able to attend some of your events. :)
Done and Done!

Now how about that free stuff for the president of the club:laughlitt

·
Banned
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
mmmm new club smell, delicious...

hows it going all, from orlando. Im surprised I have not run into some of you out at orlando speed world. looking forward to meeting some more 3.7 owners

·
Banned
216 Posts
We should see if we can get Hector out to our Orlando meet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Im moving to Orlando from CA in 6 weeks (bringing my pony too :), where is all the good stuff at?? ( shops, meets, tracks??)

1 - 20 of 288 Posts