Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been looking real hard into getting a MAC H-Pipe to go with my 2 chamber flowmasters. How will it sound inside the car with the windows up on the freeway? this is my main concern: CA emissions testing. If I can't pass the visual inspection with a catted H, and will have to bolt the stock H pipe back on anyway to pass visual then wouldn't it be wiser to go with the offroad H? Or would high flow cats be a wiser choice? The offroad pipe is cheaper of course and I want a meaner sound with some more power to go with it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have to re-install your factory mid pipe, I'd totally get the o/r h-pipe. They will be louder and free up the most ponies available. Just remember you'll need either MIL eliminators ( I hear they are junk though) Or buy a tuner and shut off your rear o2 sensors so your check engine light won't come on. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
276 Posts
DarkShadowGT03 said:
Hey guys, I've been looking real hard into getting a MAC H-Pipe to go with my 2 chamber flowmasters. How will it sound inside the car with the windows up on the freeway? this is my main concern: CA emissions testing. If I can't pass the visual inspection with a catted H, and will have to bolt the stock H pipe back on anyway to pass visual then wouldn't it be wiser to go with the offroad H? Or would high flow cats be a wiser choice? The offroad pipe is cheaper of course and I want a meaner sound with some more power to go with it.
I installed the o/r pro chamber with flows but I live in an area that only requires smog when you sell the car. If you can't pass with a catted pro chamber why spend the extra $$ and lose the hp?

·
Registered
604 Posts
My v6 stang had a catted MAC H pipe with GT catback exhaust and they passed me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.