Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front passenger wheel is a little offset (set back) maybe an inch or 2 and I don't know why that's how I got the car.

I was just curious, if I put lowering springs (from AmericanMuscle) on my car, would the offset wheel create a problem? I can just image it rubbing the wheel well & not being a good situation.

If it does cause a problem, how do I fix it? I'd really like 2 eventually put lowering springs on this beast haha. I'll post pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Is the frame bent?
You could get someone with a straightener to fix it.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
My front passenger wheel is a little offset (set back) maybe an inch or 2 and I don't know why that's how I got the car.

I was just curious, if I put lowering springs (from AmericanMuscle) on my car, would the offset wheel create a problem? I can just image it rubbing the wheel well & not being a good situation.

If it does cause a problem, how do I fix it? I'd really like 2 eventually put lowering springs on this beast haha. I'll post pictures when I get home.

It should go on a frame rack. It must have been hit pretty good and not properly fixed. You need to investigate why 1 wheel is further back. I bet you can take it to the first bodyshop, and they can look at it and tell you exactly what needs to be done.

If you don't want to do that, measure the distance between the tire and the fender at 9:00, 12:00, and 3:00. You can determine how far you can drop it without rubbing. If you can go up 1" in all directions, then you are fine.......

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that side had a big, deep dent in the fender when I bought the car. That might be why. Some jerk said that some cars are just made like that and didn't wanna do anything about it. Some service huh. I think I'm gonna take it somewhere to find out.

Are there any big name body shops you guys would recommend? & Heres some photos with my old wheels on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Try a macco(mako) not sure exact spelling, also the dealer may be able to tell you just would have a jacked up price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts