Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was test driving a customers Cavalier, when I see a 03ish Cobra. As it pulls in front of me, it has single exhaust. At the light a 90's Jetta pulls up beside the wannabe Cobra and when the light turns green it destroys the Cobra. Now there is going to be some kid telling everybody how he killed a Cobra. My customers Cavalier even stayed close enough for me to see the extent of the beat down. Please kids, do the dash before the flash.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
hmm seriously... atleast if your gonna cobra it up do duals lmao

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Meh...

I agree with you 50% on this.

If you dress your car up to LOOK like, for example, a Cobra, it better have some dash!

But there's nothing wrong with doing flash & not trying to mimic something you're not.

Do you see what I mean? :headscratch:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meh...

I agree with you 50% on this.

If you dress your car up to LOOK like, for example, a Cobra, it better have some dash!

But there's nothing wrong with doing flash & not trying to mimic something you're not.

Do you see what I mean? :headscratch:
Yep, I agree, just don't jump on the Cobra bandwagon untill you got the ponies to pull it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
the kid likes the looks of the Cobra and there's nothing wrong with that. but if it doesn't go like a Cobra then people who don't know better will mistake it for one and brag about their 90hp Jetta whooping a Cobra

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i think its ok to change body parts just dont badge.

EX
i got the GT front end.

stang ppl can tell its not a gt cause of side skirts, wheels, gascap and rear bumper.

BUT

altthough the rest of america cant tell if its a GT or a V6 look alike, its not badged as GT

infact it has "245" emblems

theres a car in our club

you cna tell GT grille is squeesed in.
single muffler, unpoainted skirts. V6 gas cap and horn cover.

cobra wheels cobra emblems and cobra rocker stickers.

i could tell right away it wasnt a GT 500.

so me and my friends call him shelby 6

·
Registered
495 Posts
yea i would never up-badge my car. the only thing i would do is down badge a gt, because i love the way the running pony emblems look. i think they look more classy than the gt emblem (just my opinion. not bashing the GT)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
anyone that knows anything about Cobras and Jettas know that if this guy goes braggin about beating a Cobra he will be put in his place. for those that will think his Jetta is all that, certainly don't have a car for a Cobra to worry about either.

let em talk about beating this or that. when a real Termi shows up, they will shut their mouth.

G

·
yea i would never up-badge my car. the only thing i would do is down badge a gt, because i love the way the running pony emblems look. i think they look more classy than the gt emblem (just my opinion. not bashing the GT)
Is this website really so intolerant that you have to post a disclaimer when you say that you like the Mustang logo better then the GT logo?

Now if you acknowledge the fact that the Camaro is faster then the Mustang this year, and most likely a better value to boot (assuming you buy an MSRP or less car instead of a marked up one like an idiot)... Prepare to see a lot of these no matter how many disclaimers you put in: :mad::madas::anianger::cursing::so:nono::rolleyes:

:laugh:

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
I believe hes referring to the faux "gas cap" on the trunk lid. You know, the big chrome GT or Tri-Bar Pony emblems out back?

lol i was i just forgot to say that. got caught up in the moment lol.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why u driving customers cars like that is my question?
A 2.2 Cavalier, I wasn't even at full throttle, and I could see how bad the Mustang lost. On a straight road, you can see a ways.

G

·
At least there's a little comfort in the thought that the Jetta will go challenge another real Cobra thinking he's unbeatable and get smeared into the pavement. You wouldn't be lucky enough to see it but rest assured it will happen.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
326 Posts
No matter the fact that the v6er was false badged, the v6 lost to a Jetta? Rather it "looks" like a cobra or not, it should still beat a jetta. Well i guess he deserved the beating for false badging his car. Some people just make you want to :banghead:

·
Registered
713 Posts
No matter the fact that the v6er was false badged, the v6 lost to a Jetta? Rather it "looks" like a cobra or not, it should still beat a jetta. Well i guess he deserved the beating for false badging his car. Some people just make you want to :banghead:
If it only had one tailpipe, it was all show and no go. But, still, he shouldn't have lost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts