Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching , but I cannot find the answer. When I am at high RPM with a load on the engine, oil blows out the dipstick. Enough to wet the headers and smoke a lot. It happens even more when I am doing a burnout with the linelock engaged. The local track probably would not let me run.

If it is indeed the PCV, could someone tell me where on the intake it is? And is it hard to change the screen underneath. On another forum, Jeep, one person said he got a vented oil fill cover and it solved the problem. :im confused:

Also , if there are any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
A breather can help! The pcv is on the back of the engine you should replace it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
a breather will help, but after a little while those to will start leaking oil all over the place. i would just replace the pcv valves and clean the screen in the rear lower intake.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Betcha the PCV filter is clogged. Toss it, spend 5 bucks and get a new one. It's below the valve in the same hole, pull it out with a pick. Takes all of 30 seconds to replace.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
make SURE you put a new PCV "filter" that sits below the PCV valve itself. I bet yours is completely clogged up - and DON'T try to clean it, they won't clean well at all if they are clogged up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Thanks for the input. The pcv is on the back of the engine down low?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
back center of the intake - just above the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts