Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a smell coming from the a/c vent that smells like oil cooking on the engine. I have looked all over my engine and exhaust manifold and I can't find a trace of an oil leak.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I think this is the problem.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pcfrisch said:
I think this is the problem.
Man, that is so wrong. No self respecting southerner would cook chicken on a rotisseri, deep frying is the only way to go.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
All kidding aside, have you had your oil changed recently?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had that too.
I thought it was the car in front of me.
No trace of oil leak and I have had the oil changed recently.
What gives?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good news sounds like some spilled oil. It is pretty common for the oil jockey to spill a few drop either while changing the filter or pouring in the new oil. This spilled oil will always find a way to burn on some hot part of the engine, usually the manifold. Probably no big deal, it should be gone in a few 100 miles.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
mustangaretuff said:
Good news sounds like some spilled oil. It is pretty common for the oil jockey to spill a few drop either while changing the filter or pouring in the new oil. This spilled oil will always find a way to burn on some hot part of the engine, usually the manifold. Probably no big deal, it should be gone in a few 100 miles.
:happyhapp no way bro! you blew your mill w/ an 8 grand hole shot. :laughlitt
Nah, someone just spilled some oil on the hot parts. It'll be gone after a couple hours I bet.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Two people at my work had the same problem 10k+ miles apart from each other and it was oil leaking from a defective oil sendign unit. It was just enough to blow on hot parts when running at higher RPMs. But then one of them is on the second motor because of defective head and scraped the motor.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Zrullac said:
Has anyone experienced a smell coming from the a/c vent that smells like oil cooking on the engine. I have looked all over my engine and exhaust manifold and I can't find a trace of an oil leak.
I noticed a burnt oil smell after my supercharger was installed. The car only has 800 miles on it so it hasn't even had it's first oil change . I chalked it up to the supercharger cause I didn't see any drips or leaks but I'm glad this thread emerged . Will check out the oil sending unit.

As for defective heads, did ford send out any TSB or re-call notice's . How did they track which cars could have been affected ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ford did not notify anyone because it is not a problem if you ask Ford. Many have reported the head noise and those it happens to have had the head replaced. I also in the past week have found people having issues with the Cam hardware with the 3 valve engine. Lets see if this becomes a more common problem with engines as the mileage adds up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts