Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a little overdue for an oil change and had a question before i went ahead i got it done. is there any sort of performance gain with a ford racing filter and royal purple oil or any different oil for that matter?

·
Registered
586 Posts
just use what ford recommends

Motorcraft Synthetic blend engine oil and the Motorcraft Oil Filter :bigthumbsup

i use Motorcraft Synthetic blend 10W-30 with a Motorcraft Oil Filter and on my next oil change im thinking about using the Lucas Oil Stabilizer

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
royal purple will give a bit of a boost, but not very much. its mostly about protection, the synthetics give the best protection, any synthetic will do fine

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
the performance gain is money flying out of your wallet faster.

RP is a waste for engine oil IMO

so is the filter.

get what teh car calls for from your ford dealer, or something good, penzoil, mobil 1, vavoline etc etc and a good filter.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
How overdue? Not sure about the V6's but the GT schedule is every 5000 miles, anything under that you are just wasting money.
Use what the manual calls for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so a filter from the ford racing catalog will not have any effect? and royal purple seems to reccomended by a majority of the people i talk to

·
Registered
135 Posts
we are a culture of 'you get what you pay for'
a lot of ppl want to justify the extra money by thinking it's extra good
don't believe the hype, I would use ford's synthetic blend (and do).

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is a Lucas Oil Stabilizer? ive just changed oil and put castrol full synthetic 10W-30 with the motocraft filter (no motocraft oil here, had to order the filter from usa too). Should that be good?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
How overdue? Not sure about the V6's but the GT schedule is every 5000 miles, anything under that you are just wasting money.
Use what the manual calls for.
i know a lot of people say anything under 5000 and youre wasting money, but i change my own oil, and ive seen my oil after 3000, and its black, and used, i think i will spend the 20 bucks every 3000 miles and be safe...

·
Registered
82 Posts
using royal purple and the other oil filter basically makes your car just run more efficient and smoother basically as far as hp gain? you would hardly feel it, the only noticable difference is a smoother acceleration.

·
Registered
79 Posts
mobil 1

I have used the Mobil 1 5-30 fully synthetic since the car was new. I deff reccomend doing changes every 3000 miles, and even though the Mobil synthetic is a lil pricier...its still half of the Royal Purple for the same ammount of benefit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.