Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an oil cooler on their 2005 - 2008 Mustang? I live in Memphis, TN and the Summers get very hot. A Heat Index of 100+ is very common. I know Ford Racing offers an oil cooler, but I didn't see any instructions for installation. Your experience and advice is always welcomed.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Do you have a part number or a link to i would be better. I just looked on FRPP and they don't list a oilcooler for the 3V

·
Registered
411 Posts
ChasMuss, I'm from Memphis originally and will be flying in to visit on Monday. What part do you live in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the 2008 catalog on Page 118, there is an oil cooler kit, Part# M-6642-S101. Your page number may be a little different than mine.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Unique patented "stacked-plate" design provides efficiency improvement of 35% over "fin-and-tube" coolers. This 8" x 11" x 1.5" unit has a heat rejection rate of 20,500 BTU's per hour. The self-regulating feature bypasses cold engine oil automatically (without thermostats or valves) until oil viscosity decreases and allows oil to flow through the main body of the cooler. Kit includes all fittings, attaching hardware and instructions. Use on engines with FL-1A filters.
Do we have that? :headscratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.