Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really dumb question, but I don't think you guys will laugh too hard. I had my oil changed yesterday and when I got home I checked under the hood to see that they did it right. Pulled out the dipstick which I've only done once or twice and it was black from top to bottom. I don't mean with oil, but after wiping it off, the metal itself looks to be painted black. I have always had shiny silver dipsticks so you can see the color of the oil and also read the level easier. Now the question: are all Mustangs this way? I have an 05 V6, Auto, with 35K miles. Just bought it, but the previous owner was an old guy like me, and I don't think he drove it hard at all. What do you think?
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ya, i dont know why they did that. its really hard to see, and you cant see the color of the oil. thats not as bad as not having a dipstick at all for the trans....dont know what they were thinking, or were they? :nogrinner

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, amustangrocks. Guess I'll just have to live with it. I now have two cars with no dipstick for transmission. The Mustang and an Olds Alero.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.