Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New and need help.. I have oil in my throttle body and plenum.. What is the best way to keep this from happening?? I know its coming through the PCV valve with the vacuum coming from the plenum.. I don't think I have to worry to much about the drivers side, this hose connects to the CAI, don't think there will be much vacuum there. If you have had this problem, what did you do to correct it?? THANKS

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can install a catch can between the PCV valve and the intake plenum. Steeda sells a kit. Its kind of expensive, once you understand the concept of what it does you can make one for about 10 bucks.

Steeda Oil Separator Kit

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I would bet it's oil from the filter and not motor oil. It's not incredibly uncommon for people to over oil that filter when they clean it and oil will work it's way down the intake tube.

·
Registered
104 Posts
treman03 said:
I use K&N filter oil, its red.. This is motor oil.....
just a thought it sounds dumb, but maybe your using to much oil......how many qrts do you run in ur stang......

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Have you changed the PCV or EGR valves lately?

·
Registered
131 Posts
PCV systems will push through a lot (relatively speaking) of oil. Go to home depot and get a moisture trapping device for air compressor lines. It's a little plastic tube thing that has a stone trap in it and the line passes through it. Atatch it inline between the pcv and the plenum and it'll catch any oil that you have going through.

You'll be amazed at how much oil will be in there after just a few miles of driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told to use to air compressor filter. But looking at that I think it will be ugly under the hood. I think I'm going to find a small catch can in the color of my car and use it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.