Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this for a biddy wo has a very similair setup to mine except he has gt40 steel heads instead of aluminum. Well, here is his problem.

He is getting lots of oil in the upper intake. It seems like it is being sucked in from the pcv valve.All the hoses seem to be in the right places. The pcv valve is a new one from ford ( motorcraft),the engine has about 450 miles on it with no visible blowby. The engine runs very well even put in a breather on the oil fill cap to see if it would help it out and it didnt. He bought the cobra upper and lower about a year ago and just put it on about 2 months ago when he got the motor together.
The only thing he says could be different is that the block is from a 2000 explorer 5.0, although I would not think that would make any diff.
There is so much oil getting in the upper that you can pull the main vac hose that goes to the vac tree and oil will run out of it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
His lower intake gasket might of slipped or leaked around the edges, letting oil get into the intake port. Also might be a clogged pcv valve screen. Did he change the screen below the pcv grommet?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pcv screen is new. I would think if the intake gasket had slipped that it would be running bad?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Does he still have the hose plugged into the throttle body?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye..he called ford racing today and they told him they see that problem alot. They said to make sure that the pcv valve is not sitting on top of the screen. make sure there is some space between the two. Also make sure the grommet it not resting on top of the screen either...he is going to try that out.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I forgot about that. I like to use yellow high-tach silicone to hold the pcv valve at the top of the grommet. Also old grommets tend to stretch and become soft allowing the pcv valve to drop down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.