• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last summer I dented my oil pan when I was forced through a contruction detour :nono: by City of Ottawa Police:deadhorse:. Unfortunately, it got dented directly where the flush bolt is as you can see in picture "2" where the droplets of oil are. Also, its been splashing oil all over that lower support bar and other components which are behind the oil pan, which is kind of annoying.

Anyways should I bother replacing it/worrying about it for now?
What does everyone think based on picture "1"?

It has been leaking about 2 drops of oil per day when the car is stored away, Pretty much like a half cup of oil needs to be added every 6-8 months, if that, so its nothing big. The oil pan itself is a cheap replacement, however the labour invonved in replacing it requires a lot of labour and is quite expensive as the engine either has to be lifted out or the K-member dropped.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did you notice any change in oil pressure?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None whatsoever, the seal on the bolt still seems to hold pressure the oil still manages to somehow work its way thorugh microscopic gaps on the lower side of the bolt (good stuff that Mobil1 synthetic). Like I said just a few drops a day, (might have even stopped now). the only reason im converned is because its quite a large dent in a fairly sensitive spot (bolt)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it will cost ALLOT id put it on the todue list, and when you get a tubular k-member, do it thien. but it sounds like you know the work in vovled for droping the oil pan. its not hurting anything so id wait and keep an eye on it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i'm thinking, the chances of the oil pressure suddenly dropping and my engine getting messed up are fairly slim id say. Also, when I do decide to swap the pan depening on which route I go I will either replace the engine mounts and put on long tube headers and delete 2 of the 4 catalytic converters and just get highflow magnaflow cats for the rear too (i jut need to confirm that its gonna be able to pass Ontario's Drive Clean crap) if i decide to have it replaced by lifitng engine out. Or I can go the lower suspension drop option and like you said get a tubular K-member etc.

Oh and as for the price Ford quoted 700 labour so I figure with my guy it will be 300-400 which is a lot still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.