Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys I need a picture! I need a picture of a stock 302 from the back. with or with out tranny. I need to see right below both sets of heads. I am trying to avoid pulling my motor to see where my oils coming from. Its not the heads themselfs but right under them. Is there freeze plugs there?

anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
the oil is probably coming from the ultra-leak-prone gasket at the back of the intake manifold. just pull the manifold off and replace the cork gasket with a 1/4 inch bead of silicone sealer.

·
Super Moderator
40,026 Posts
i agree....common leak spot,remember to let the silicone set up good before running....

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 5.0 developed a rear engine oil leak and it turned out to be the PCV grommet. Less than four bucks and five minutes and the leak was history. The local corner garage (who has always been honest in the past) wanted to put in a new intake manifold gasket for $350-$400 before I felt around with clean fingers to locate the source.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Good luck with it, I too say the leak prone back of the lower intake. There are plugs back there but they don't leak, it's usually the lower intake.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i took some time and figured it out, i am missing the ps bolt for the intakes and the drivers side is striped out, so ill tap it and get some new bolts that sould solve the problem

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
At least now you know what to do about it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey yall i got it all back together and there is no leak. currently my timing light is with a buddy so i had to play it by ear with the timing but i know its not there cause it has a slight back fire at a high rev. im going to finish it up monday i think and put some new spark plugs and wires on it. I am thinking about switch distributors, what do you guys recommend? msd?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.