Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like myself and the people working on my 53 Ford F-100 have found the problem with getting it to crank. We thought it was a fuel pressure problem, but that wasn't right. One of the restorers fathers came to visit which seem to have a lot of experience with the 5.0 HO. He was able to determine that the Oil Sensor being used for the new Dolphin Gauges was showing no reading to the computer. His plan is to put in a Tee with the proper Oil Sensor feeding the computer and the other one which I need will send the information to the Dolphin Guage. When he by passed the Dolphin sensor the truck would crank. Hopefully one of you fine people have had this problem, and can tell me if his thoughts will work, or which way we need to head. Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully in a few weeks I can get the interior done and put this F-100 on the road.:worship,:heha:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't remember the numbers, something like A9N, but it came out of a 1991 mustang 5.0 HO GT with an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Unless you have something wired up wrong, the oil pressure has nothing to do with starting the engine. Its not even tied into the starting circuit. And its not even tied into the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts