Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after driving around today my oil light decides to come on even though my oild pressure gauge is showing normal readings. I noticed that it flickers when i drive on uneven road and turns off when i go over a speed bump or a pothole, or when im on and incline. So my guess is that the sensor that deals with oil either came loose or was damages etc. How would i go about checking/fixing this?

·
Registered
465 Posts
ck. the sender wire at the engine to make sure the wire is not grounding out,the wire could be touching the exhaust manifold.if it is grounded the light will come on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i attached some picture to clarify what im going to say.
Picture 1: Is this what you were talking about? Its coming from the oil sending unit, but its now a wire, its a tube that oil flows through so im a little bit confused about the grounding issue.

Picture 2: (same tube)

Picture 3: I also found this not connected to anything at one end. Could this have something to do with it?

Picture 4: The unattached wire leads back to here. There is power running through it when the key is in the ALT postition, so it seems to me like its just a forgotten about choke wire.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Okay, so your factory oil warning light is no longer connected and instead you have an aftermarket add on manual oil pressure gauge to monitor your engine. Yes, if the wire is bare and grounding out as stated it will trigger your light. Tape if off and make sure it is not melted to anything as butchd88 said.

Also, I see you are using nylon tubing for the oil pressure gauge right now. Well, that tubing gets very brittle with age and is prone to breaking. I would replace it with a copper tubing to increase durability. Just an FYI. Bruce

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
As Bruce said, your idiot light is no longer connected and all you are seeing is that disconnected wire intermittently finding a ground which flickers your light. A sender for the idiot light would have screwed into the same hole that now has the line to your gauge.

Its hard to tell, but from the 2nd picture that looks like a copper line to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts