Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
7,797 Posts
Greetings!

Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Are you sure that’s all oil? Stick your finger or a rag in the puddle, and smell it. Does it smell like gasoline? There’s oily varnish that appears to be coming from the carburetor.

Reactions: Braindead

· Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
5,910 Posts
351w
Edelbrock performer intake (I think.)
Holley Carb (no specification)
View attachment 788822
A valve cover leak is also possible if like 07redstang said it's actual oil and not gas. I can see your dual feed fuel line going right over that area so if it's gas I would be looking at the carb inlets.
It says Performer on it so yes it's an Edelbrock.
All typical 4150/4160 Holley carbs will have the ID numbers stamped on the air horn. It'll have the list # and a date code # below it. If it was originally an OEM factory installed carb then it'll have a manufacturer # above the list #.
If it has no air horn then those #s will be stamped on the side of the carb or rarely on top of the main body.
Holley Carb Hunter's Guide - Holley Motor Life
How to Identify Your Holley or Demon Carburetor - Holley Motor Life
Gas Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Cylinder

· Registered
1968 Ford Mustang
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A valve cover leak is also possible if like 07redstang said it's actual oil and not gas. I can see your dual feed fuel line going right over that area so if it's gas I would be looking at the carb inlets.
It says Performer on it so yes it's an Edelbrock.
All typical 4150/4160 Holley carbs will have the ID numbers stamped on the air horn. It'll have the list # and a date code # below it. If it was originally an OEM factory installed carb then it'll have a manufacturer # above the list #.
If it has no air horn then those #s will be stamped on the side of the carb or rarely on top of the main body.
Holley Carb Hunter's Guide - Holley Motor Life
How to Identify Your Holley or Demon Carburetor - Holley Motor Life
View attachment 788887
Thank you. I will take a look when I get home from work.

Wonder if all PCV tubing is connected or even in use?
I was actually reading about this just yesterday but didn't quite understand it. Also something about breathers. "Blow by", and others say it isn't really a big deal if i dont mind the mess and occasional oil vapor smell.
Where is this PCV located? I can take a picture for y'all to see.
Also, thank you for your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts