Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yesterday i went home in the pouring rain and i wanted to play around with the car so i did....lol....I got a little wet but it was worth it...Anyways I was talking to my Father and he told me try advancing the timing instead and see what happens...so i did i moved it a little advanced took if for a ride and it seemed almost all gone....I also talked to Edelbrock tech line they told me to put in a different step up springs under the metering rods i did that too...AND WOW....does this car haul now....no surge..no miss no nothing just tire breaking speed....LOL...So my question why did i have to advance my timing so much for it to run so well????I mean when i looked with a timing light it was about 15 degress....I must have advacned it to like say 20 degress could that have been off or something????

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Every engine is different, I've tuned engines that didn't like anything over 10 degrees, and then some have taken upwards of 18 and could've gone higher. Glad you found the spot the engine likes.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every engine is different, I've tuned engines that didn't like anything over 10 degrees, and then some have taken upwards of 18 and could've gone higher. Glad you found the spot the engine likes.

Yeah...i hope it seems ok...i'll try it out tonite when i get home it was raining yesterday so i couldnt really give it a good test...lol:D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
What are step up springs and where do they go??? Tx.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Anyone have a comment about step up springs?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are step up springs and where do they go??? Tx.
The step up springs are under the mettering rods cups in an edelbrock carb....the are set with different vac readings lower the number like 3inches it will take longer to open the rod so it will run leaner on the cruise mode i went with a number 7 spring so it would open a little richer in the cruise mode and it seemed to get rid of that surging that and i advanced the timing some too...hope this helps....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.