Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea when i rev my engine up in my garage ti give it a nice rev to like 5 grand then it pauses for a sec then it goes to 6 and does it again wut the hell is goin on???? I dk but i think iam not getting enough gas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had that problem with mine and it was the coil wire. it was fried in the boot so i couldnt see it untill i pulled it off and i crumbled, like powder.:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked it and it looked fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!!

:strut I was reading some older posts about the problem with the cracks in the intake manifold thingy! is there anyway to fix it temp? we just got this dang car and we love it unfortunatley now we know why the dude before us sold it its a 1998 ford mustang GT 4.6 we just had to fix the reverse syncro cause it used to pop out of gear and it cost us 1300.00 and now this I guess we have to cut our loss's and sell it,the other thing is the odometer doesnt work and we didnt know this till we got it home,this was my husbands dream car and when we bought it for 9500.00 my husband was so happy we didnt realize..now its giving us problem after problem and we've only had it for 4 months sad huh? so what would you guys do?..any help or advice would be good you can laugh too if you like:happyhapp

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well how many miles are on ther car?? if u pay 9500 that baby better be mint. I think you should take the 4.6 wit the cracked intake out so u have a fresh engine and you wouldnt have to worry about it. A new 302 block goes for cheap liek 2000 grand brand new or go online and get a used 5.0 for 1500 or somthing like that. That would solve the engine problems.The tranny i would swap it with the T-45 that is a strong tanny and that wouldnt do u wrong but if u really love ur husband he wouldnt mind that car with some extra horses in it and he would be even more happy lol. Good luck with the car

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i just checked the coil wire and it has corrosion were it hooks up to the distributor. Do i have to get a new wire or clean it??

·
Registered
2 Posts
:walksmile why thank ya for your reply mustang sal,no he wouldnt mind a bigger engine!!!..lol it wasnt exactly mint conditionthe body is pretty nice ..a little oxidation on the roof and hood...(but when your mom offers to pay cash for the car ) and its your dream car he ran with it..we dont know how much miles is actually on the car because the odometer doesnt work which we didnt realize until a couple of days later DUH!!..lol but what we do know is it must have alot!! cause its from I think north carolina and its a military car ..(we live in Hawaii) AND THATS WHAT ALSO SUCKS the shipping costs!!!..lol again mustang sal thanks for the reply Im sure my husband will be on asking more questions.....:worship

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no problem if u have any more questions i would be more then happy to help you out on that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.