Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have 1550 to spen on my 87 stang 4 banger to 5.0 i have heads 70mm tb exhasut proflow intake and other stuff but i whanan do somthin thats goin to make me have like 400-450 horse thats it . i dont want NOS cuz thats a baby bottle for imports so wut u guys think i should do???i was think 347 stroker !!! i need ideas!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my firends is goin to college and he can do all the machining and everything. so i wouldnt have to pay

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would spend some $ towards upgrading the stock brakes before hopping the car up too much as it is not fun having to plan ahead to stop your car. Ford had no right to put those brakes on any 5.0 leaving the Factory!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true but i have drill slotted rotors but i think thats all iam goin to be doing to the brakes

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would get a donor car for about a 1,000.00
that would give you the parts to transform your car to a
V-8 Mustang. and you already have some good parts to go on it
The other 550.00 you could get a few more items that would
boost your horsepower.
You would not be up to the 450 marker.
Good Luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
shakerhood said:
I would spend some $ towards upgrading the stock brakes before hopping the car up too much as it is not fun having to plan ahead to stop your car. Ford had no right to put those brakes on any 5.0 leaving the Factory!
Oh theres plenty of track to use at the end of the quarter :dunce: Yeah... brakes are beginning to sound good :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
jerry_dawg said:
Oh theres plenty of track to use at the end of the quarter :dunce: Yeah... brakes are beginning to sound good :)
I did the M-2300-K Cobra Disc conversion on my car and I cant even begin to describe the difference in braking. Confidence instead of Scary is a start!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea besides the braking wut can i do horsepower wise??

·
Registered
237 Posts
You might be able to find a used turbo kit on ebay. As far as engine management, maf, and injectors, you may be able to rig it with a pro-m, msd btm, some 30#ers and an fmu until you can afford to get a tuning device of some sort. Whether or not you'll find all that for 1500 I don't know.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
MUSTANG Sal 87 said:
ok i have 1550 to spen on my 87 stang 4 banger to 5.0 i have heads 70mm tb exhasut proflow intake and other stuff but i whanan do somthin thats goin to make me have like 400-450 horse thats it . i dont want NOS cuz thats a baby bottle for imports so wut u guys think i should do???i was think 347 stroker !!! i need ideas!!
400-450 horse? So you are asking for 100% more performance with mystery heads, an OK 70mm throttle body and a mystery intake manifold? Right...

You need to tell use exactly what parts you have.

Do you even have a 302 motor to put in it? You will find out that you probably will barely have enough , if even enough, to do a 5.0 swap, much less increase performance. You have to buy a new transmission and all the clutch equipment if you dont already. That's not cheap.

Be 100% Realistic, I dont think you have enough money to do it. Fuel injected parts aren't cheap.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok here is wut i have on my 302 that has 30k miles on it

PRO flow cold air intake
MAF
70 Edelbrock Throttle body
Edelbrock proformer heads
24lb injectors
Edelbrock headers
H Pipe
3 chamber flowmaster exhaust
190lph fuel pump
bbk adjustable cable
t-5 tranny 5speed wit 30k on it
stock cam

thats all thats done to the motor but i saw a creat engine in jegs that was a 302 stroked out to 347 pushing 450 horses wut the hell does that engine have done to it ??

·
Registered
736 Posts
MUSTANG Sal 87 said:
ok here is wut i have on my 302 that has 30k miles on it

PRO flow cold air intake
MAF
70 Edelbrock Throttle body
Edelbrock proformer heads
24lb injectors
Edelbrock headers
H Pipe
3 chamber flowmaster exhaust
190lph fuel pump
bbk adjustable cable
t-5 tranny 5speed wit 30k on it
stock cam

thats all thats done to the motor but i saw a creat engine in jegs that was a 302 stroked out to 347 pushing 450 horses wut the hell does that engine have done to it ??
With the right parts added it would push 450 horses. It does not come complete that way. I think you should be using that money to get the swap done and worry about performance parts later down the road. Don't go cheap on the swap parts or you will have nothing but problems from 4 cyl. parts breaking.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guys i have the 302 in my car with all the mods listed . I think i confused everybody wit the thread. My car was a 4 banger but the owner b4 me put the v8 in with all of those mods . i have about 1500 and i whanan itput towards the engine. And i want see wut i can do to boost my hore power to 400-450 horses

·
Registered
736 Posts
Can't go wrong with a used A-trim in my book.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
only have 1500 to spend!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
fred-fred said:
I would get a donor car for about a 1,000.00
that would give you the parts to transform your car to a
V-8 Mustang. and you already have some good parts to go on it
The other 550.00 you could get a few more items that would
boost your horsepower.
You would not be up to the 450 marker.
Good Luck
I would say this is the way to go, Im pretty sure the 4's have a 7.5 rear axle instead of the 8.8, so for all the time and money to convert a 4 to a 8, its gona be easier and cheaper to get the donor car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joes 5.0 said:
I would say this is the way to go, Im pretty sure the 4's have a 7.5 rear axle instead of the 8.8, so for all the time and money to convert a 4 to a 8, its gona be easier and cheaper to get the donor car.
Dude i all read have 8 in the car why would i get the donor car??? all i whanan know is what i can do with 1500 horse power wise!!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Buy a good used blower..........

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.