Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about a 2007 Mustang GT. For all you 2005+ Mustang owners....tell me what you like and what you wish could be better about your Mustang. Some questions I would be interested in having answered:

1) Anyone have aftermarket rims for your car ? If so, would love to see you post some pics.

2) Anyone have the Shaker 1000 audio system ? I've done some reading up on it and from what I have read it sounds like a very good stock system.

3) In your opinion, what color looks best on the 2005+ Mustang.

Be honest in your assesment of your experience with your Mustang...I know that no car is perfect.

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Most of my mods are under the hood. One thing I should have done was get power passenger seat, the manual seat sits to low and you can not raise it up you can raise the power seat up. Not sure if I would get orange again it does attract too many cops.

·
Registered
787 Posts
FuzzyD:
First, welcome to this forum. We have a lot of Mustang Experts and a lot of members who think are Mustang experts (myself included in the latter). These guys have posted dozens on threads about all three subjects and I invite you to read them. Days of fun, I can guarantee you.

It is fun to read member's perception of their rides as they grew with them, from post one to this one where any old man can sound sooo wise.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can only answer question # 3 right now:

Windveil blue!!! :gringreen :gringreen :gringreen baby!

Have fun and wait for your thread's reply.

·
Registered
350 Posts
From what alot of guys say the Shaker 1000 can be duplicated for much less with aftermarket equip.
I have the Shaker 500. I added an Amp and the custom molded sub enclosure and got a decent Boom now. It takes up very little trunk space.
You can always go further and swap the deck out too. I just like the factory look. But....the guys who have them love them....but most agree it is a bit pricey.
As far as rims, I like the stock rims on mine. Rims are a very personal detail. In my opinion, you really have to consider lowing the car for some of the rims that are out there. It is a much more aggressive look.
So it is a question of balance and taste.....
Dude...there is no wrong answer. The number of new Mustangs out there now is amazing. Everyone wants to personalize them so do what you thing is best.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Most of my mods are under the hood. One thing I should have done was get power passenger seat, the manual seat sits to low and you can not raise it up you can raise the power seat up. Not sure if I would get orange again it does attract too many cops.
My one complaint - what Mick said - Get the power passenger seat. I always get complaints that it sits too low, and after I took a turn in the seat for a while, I agree.

Also get a tune and a CAI after you buyto wake up the performance. It was great when I bought it, but is awesome now!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
#1 will be purchasing Bullit style Black rims soon!
#2 No Shaker 1000 takes up way too much trunk space!
#3 All colors are awesome on this sweet ride!

Get behind the wheel of one and you will not want to be without!!
This has been the best buying experience I have had! I treasure
this car more than any other! I would definetly do it over!!

If you can definetly get the passenger 6 way seat! That is the only
thing I can think of that I wish was different. Not for me but whoever
sits in that seat!!

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I really had my heart set on a Legend Lime one...

I really had my heart set on a Legend Lime one, but I ended up with mine in Torch Red, which is good, too! There's a sweet Lime one around here with the dual skunk stripes (painted, not vinyl!) that looks really nice.

I have the stock matte 17" Bullit wheels, which don't look too bad. I'm not a fan of the big shiny rims, myself, but to each their own!

The one thing I do regret is not getting whatever option had the trip computer and the additional electronics (mpg, etc). I don't know if it was in with the $450 "My Color" upgrade, or something like that. The "My Color" doesn't do anything for me, but I sure would like to have something on those 3 blank buttons by the dash power outlet!

As far as the Shaker 1000, unless you're really a hardocre stereophile, I'd stick with the 500. It has enough bass for me, and after getting Ford to replace the head unit for the CD skips, it hasn't given me any problems and sounds pretty good. You'll probably save a pound or two of weight, too.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
The one thing I do regret is not getting whatever option had the trip computer and the additional electronics (mpg, etc). I don't know if it was in with the $450 "My Color" upgrade, or something like that. The "My Color" doesn't do anything for me, but I sure would like to have something on those 3 blank buttons by the dash power outlet!

Yes MyColor Gotta have it! I love all the counters ect.. Although
I never change from purple LOL.:hihi:

·
Registered
752 Posts
As far as wheels I'm looking at getting 18" Mach1 black (also looking at a black and silver combo) replicas or 18" Bullitt black replicas in the near future.

Shaker 500 is sufficient enough for me at the moment. I do want to switch to an in-dash DVD player (and rig it to play my favorite movies when I'm driving on long trips) or the factory DVD navigation system but that time is long off from now. There's plenty of bass in the 500 in my opinion but I like to hear the music more than I do the thump so my bass stays at two notches above the centerpoint, which I consider to be modest.

As far as colors, black is classic, white is pretty good too! I saw a Windveil Blue GT with chrome 18" Bullitts that looked sharp. In all honesty, I probably would have gotten a yellow Mustang if the dealer had one in stock when I got mine. When it came down to it, the dealer only had standard Mustangs in white, and deluxe and premium Mustangs in silver so I ended up getting silver. While not my favorite choice I can live with it...since I did drive a school bus yellow Cavalier for 3 years :D

You really can't go wrong with any color!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree on the power passenger seat. The wife made me buy it. Of course, leather interior and upgrade too.

Personally, I like the exterior appearance package too. A lot of guys have there own preference and add an aftermarket hood scoop. But the point is, you don't see many Stangs with hood scoops and it sets yours apart if you have one.

Color is a personal preference. It took me two years to decide. Sorry to inform LegendLime, but, you can't get it anymore. That's the color I originally decided on until they came out with GO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome! You'll find that you're experiences and knowledge here are fulfilling. They are super people to shoot the wind with. They have welcomed me (at least from what I can tell ;)) like one of their own.

Tungsten is my favorite color for the car. I actually have a 66 painted in the manner. Love the color. I'm also partial to Alloy and Black. (Also be thinking about stripes and combinations....a must have mod in my opinion)

Like White Angel said, you really can't go wrong with what you pick. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I really had my heart set on a Legend Lime one, but I ended up with mine in Torch Red, which is good, too! There's a sweet Lime one around here with the dual skunk stripes (painted, not vinyl!) that looks really nice.

I have the stock matte 17" Bullit wheels, which don't look too bad. I'm not a fan of the big shiny rims, myself, but to each their own!

As far as the Shaker 1000, unless you're really a hardocre stereophile, I'd stick with the 500. It has enough bass for me, and after getting Ford to replace the head unit for the CD skips, it hasn't given me any problems and sounds pretty good. You'll probably save a pound or two of weight, too.
The trip computer and the extra gauges were part of the IUP which also included that worthless my color option. That had to be one of the dumbest things Ford ever came up with.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
The trip computer and the extra gauges were part of the IUP which also included that worthless my color option. That had to be one of the dumbest things Ford ever came up with.
I disagree... I had an 05 without the IUP... and I had envy... now I love my trip computer and blue lights!!!! I wouldn't want to be without it!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I disagree... I had an 05 without the IUP... and I had envy... now I love my trip computer and blue lights!!!! I wouldn't want to be without it!
Don't get me wrong, I love the electronic upgrades, it's the mycolor part that I can't stand.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Certainly some good testimonials here ! As for the Shaker 1000 audio system I guess I will just have to find one at the dealer that has that option installed so I can listen to the difference. The 1300.00 upgrade doesn't seem that much to me, as I have spent 2000.00 - 3000.00 for aftermarket upgrades for a single car in the past. So to me, 1300.00 sounds reasonable if the audio quality is a decent upgrade.

When I bought my Acura 2½ years ago, the Mustang was my 2nd choice at the time. While I still love driving my Acura TL, I was getting the itch to drive something more in line with a typical sports car. Maybe it's that mid-life thingy....lol. Anyway, since I have put far less miles on my Acura than I have put on my cars in the past I thought that I might take advantage of the much higher trade-in value it has. Usually I have put on nearly 25,000 miles/year but this car has much more average mileage....38,100 miles in almost 2½ years.

So anyway....I am just kind of on a whim right now. I may wind up keeping my Acura...I have a couple of mods on it like aftermarket rims and painted brake calipers.

I really wish I had enough money to get the Mustang as my Summer car. You know, kind of like having a Summer house on Cape Cod...lol. I mean I could raid my investment account to buy one, but I have a feeling most financial advisors would recommend I not do that....lol.

But thank you all for all your feedback ! Keep it coming, I love reading what you have to say about your Mustangs :gringreen

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I would recommend you spend some time reading the threads.

Most people here would highly recommend them. Very few people here have not been happy. Some of them I think would not be happy with anything.

I LOVE mine. I sometimes miss my truck, but only until I step on the Loud pedal.

I would say drive one, and anything else comparable in price for the same type of car. There is no comparison in my opinion, it's the Mustang.

Pics in my gallery:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/21905/sort/1

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

I love the "my color" thing. Yes, it's a novelty item. But, I love it nonetheless.

Mine is a nice deep, bright, blue....

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I don't mind not having the standard, non powered passenger seat...

I never ride shotgun in my car.

The shaker has had many issues experssed here in the past. Search on "Shaker" and you'll read all about it.

Personally, I think you can do better with aftermarket, but sound is also a personal taste thing.

As far as color...
They all look great, but everbody knows that Yellow is the fastest!:hihi:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts