Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a 66 mustang thought about doing a aod swap but i have too hard of a time getting away from a manual. now i know a t5 will work but they are not very strong and i know a tko will no fit without cutting so how about a t56 or a t3650 out of a new gt cause i know the 3650 will handle some power and i can get them at the yard cheap.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
3650's are out of a 4.6, won't work.

t5's will handle plenty of power. a t5z can handle up to 450 hp without slicks. My friend had a z spec that he beat at the drag strip for several seasons, and that was with 321 to the wheels.

t5's are underrated. It's all in how you drive it...if you don't powershift, then it'll last you quite some time

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

t5's will handle plenty of power. a t5z can handle up to 450 hp without slicks. My friend had a z spec that he beat at the drag strip for several seasons, and that was with 321 to the wheels.

t5's are underrated. It's all in how you drive it...if you don't powershift, then it'll last you quite some time
i love to power shift and mine will be around 550hp and i have a set of slicks for the track

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

also come to find out the 3650 will work but ya got to install a hydro clutch also im not trying all that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts