Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what is the difference between the a9l and the a9p? is one better than the other?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
one is for autos one is for standards but you can use the auto in a stick car, the A9L is for auto/stick A9P is for sticks A9L supposedly has more agressive fuel and spark mapping.

if im wrong on the stick/auto someone correct me its been awhile since i had to remember things for these cars ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sweet ive built a new motor and when it goes in the sd computer is coming out ive bought an a9l and harness to upgrade it aswell cause from what ive heard the sd comp isnt going to work well with me setup.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
a9l is actually the stick ecm,a9p is from the auto cars..no big differnce..a9p has a few * of timing advance over the a9l

you have to do the complete mass air conversion,cant just swap computers..convert the map sensor to bap sensor,repin some wires,add the VSS circuits,get a maf sensor,etc..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i got the entire system off a 90 gt, a9l, complete harness, maf, all that good stuff. im running a vacume controlled c4 trans will that matter at all? i cant see how it would.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
too bad a 1990 harness wont work with a 1987-1988 car...the only plug and play factory harness you can use is from a 1989 or a rare 1988 california maf car..trust me on this one..
everything else is the same,computer,maf sensor,etc...the harness is different tho

harness year compatibility is:
1987-1989
1990-year on its own
1991-mid 1992
late 1992-1993

1 - 7 of 7 Posts