Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been debating between taking a large amount of money and put down on a 2008 GT500 or to supercharge my '05... well I finally decided:

2005 Sleeper Mustang GT ;)

I called brenspeed the other night and spent 45 minutes ordering the following:

• Saleen Series VI Supercharger w/ Brenspeed's Stage 3 Upgrade package (3.4 Pully, 500+ @ the Crank)
  • Steeda Billet Lower trailing arms
  • Oversized Waterpump pully
  • Steeda Extreme Inlet upgrade
  • Brenspeed t-shirt :gringreen (Improves horsepower and flow of women to driver)
  • Boost Gauge / A-pillar, but will most likely mount the gauge in an AC Vent.
After that, I went to Tirerack.com and ordered a set of Shelby Torque Thrust 20"x8.5 and 20"x10 wheels with BF Goodrich T/A KDW-2s. 255/35ZR20 in the front and 275/35ZR20 in the back. Of course, these are for cruising and will never see track time.

My father pretty much talked me into just supercharging the 2005, Vice buying another Mustang. Ontop of that, he says he needs something to do (I didn't mention the 1974 Roadrunner in the back of our garage waiting patiently on the Rotisserie for restro :shigrin).

Brenspeed is going to email me the new tunes for my SCT tuner and we'll see how she runs this summer! I'll post up install pictures, even though I'm going to missing out on it. :weeps

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh. Expect a Supercharger left over yard sale....

I will be selling my K&N FIPK Cold air kit, its been on the car since Feb 2007, but has no holes in the filter. Come to think of it, I also have a set of brand-new Steeda U/D Pullies that I never got on the car, as well as a set of used SLP Loudmouth "mufflers" that I was saving incase I picked up a GT500....

Expect those to be posted up in the Classifieds shortly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh of course... I'm glad I got three sets of rims now...

I'm also happy I have already purchased a Sony Handycam, to capture all the tire burning, blower goodness.

Hopefully the bottom end doesn't go boom. :shrug

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Did they throw in the T-shirt for free? ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Your life will never be the same from this point foward. Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
jeeez, what happened? did you win the lottery or something?!
congrats on your purchases. expect the grin factor to multiply by 10 fold when all that is installed on the car.

but, don't leave the road runner out of the loop for to long. I love them old Mopars. would be cool to see that thing done.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol @ the responses.

Actually, no, they didn't throw in the Shirts for free :\ I think they're missing the LCAs and the boost gauge from the order though, my total was $5823.99.

And nah, didn't hit the lottery. I was TDY to Islamabad, Pakistan for 67 days and worked 66 of them... so I banked a lot of money and decided that I'm 22, I'm young and stupid.... I need horsepower..... :hihi:

We'll see if I go through the bottom end in 3 weeks while I'm at home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also see that "SLEEP3R" and "BLOWN GT" plates are available in Ohio too... Hmmmm......

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
congrats Eric! :thumbsup: SLEEP3R would be a great license plate for your car!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
how about "PDQS197"

Pretty Damn Quick 2005 Mustang for those who didn't understand it :shigrin

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
congrats on your purchases! well done my friend! you wont be sorry :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
wouldnt having the workd SLEEP3R take around from your car being a sleeper lol

Make sure you get a wide band gauge too

In the future contact JDM they are making a new Plenum for the Saleen Blowers that are more open and will make them allot more effecient.

Also make sure you get some HT0 Spark Plug's and upgrade your maf as well if it does not come in the kit.

Also if you have the cash get that baby polished out they look SLICK polished. Good choice on the blowers for some reason I really like the Saleen blowers over the KB and Whipple. I have seen JDM push those things to the 10's on a stock block and 9's on a built block.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I also see that "SLEEP3R" and "BLOWN GT" plates are available in Ohio too... Hmmmm......
ummmm, wouldnt plates reading "SLEEP3R" or "BLOWN GT" kinda ruin the whole sleeper thing you'd have going??....:headscratch:

·
Registered
343 Posts
besides that... youre gonna have a load of fun! nothing sounds better than the scream of a supercharger over an engine. btw, maybe you could get a plate readin "VETTKILR" or something like that.... ;)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
besides that... youre gonna have a load of fun! nothing sounds better than the scream of a supercharger over an engine. btw, maybe you could get a plate readin "VETTKILR" or something like that.... ;)
I dont know if I would go that far yet. On the street with 545rwhp my car just slightly beats my friends C6 with full exhaust and a Tune. I doubt his car will handle a vett with the way it will be.

Vett's respond better then our cars do to bolt on's and are extremely good on the street

·
Registered
343 Posts
yea true... it would at least be able to beat stock, older vettes... but yea, its still a ways off from whoppin up on C6s or other modded vettes...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.