Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a new alternator(200amp) because Iam getting UDP's. My question to y'all is. Red or chrome alternator?

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Im installing a new alternator(200amp) because Iam getting UDP's. My question to y'all is. Red or chrome alternator?

how is this a ricer question?

i vote for red

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how is this a ricer question?

i vote for red
Im not sure but it comes off as I care more about looks than performance. I like the red but dont want to over do it, I mean, the cars red!!

But reds cheaper sooooo...

·
Registered
177 Posts
+1 for red:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chrome always looks nice, but if red is cheaper and it fits the theme then definitely go for the red.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
looks are just as important as go

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
chrome!!! it will match your tb and plenum. the red might not be the same red as the wires/car so it will look awkward i think.

·
Registered
603 Posts
GO WITH CHROME IT MATCHS EVERYTHING AND LOOKS AWESOME!:gringreen

·
Registered
874 Posts
chrome!!! it will match your tb and plenum. the red might not be the same red as the wires/car so it will look awkward i think.
+1 Too many shades of red will look stupid. Can't go wrong with chrome. I actually redid mine in black. Looked nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
You really don't need a more powerful alternator with udp's, I've had the stock alternator with udp's powering a 1500 watt amp, a ton of speakers, gps, radar detector, and never had even the slightest problem. But between the two I'd go chrome, unless the red matches the car it'll look weird.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You really don't need a more powerful alternator with udp's, I've had the stock alternator with udp's powering a 1500 watt amp, a ton of speakers, gps, radar detector, and never had even the slightest problem. But between the two I'd go chrome, unless the red matches the car it'll look weird.
Well the alternators been whining since I put in the new amp, but its not a bad ground. Ive get a decent amount of stuff(amp, computer, aftermarket H.U, interior Leds) and soon to be neons(red) Im worried that with UDP's it may not power it all.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i would go about 160 170 amp alternator not a 200amp good god lol but as for my vote, ur car is red ur wires are red u might as well match the red... ur engine block aint red so that takes away from the "too many shades of red" idea and always remember about *being ricer* like u said
CHROME DONT GET YA HOME!!!:bigthumbsup but if u want my true honest opinion lol get aluminum colored it will match the timin chain cover.... and work just the same....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.