Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the outcome? 2004 GT Auto stock vs 2010 V6 Auto Dual exhaust (Straight pipes to flowmasters) BBK Cai, and 93 Bama Race tune. How would that turn out in a 1/4 mile?

Also how much Hp would the 2010 V6 ^ be putting to the engine? And then how much to the wheel? And torque?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What would be the outcome? 2004 GT Auto stock vs 2010 V6 Auto Dual exhaust (Straight pipes to flowmasters) BBK Cai, and 93 Bama Race tune. How would that turn out in a 1/4 mile?

Also how much Hp would the 2010 V6 ^ be putting to the engine? And then how much to the wheel? And torque?
Right from the begining, you have a 260hp GT vs a 210hp V6...
You have nowhere to go but up with bolt ons...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

almost dead even, v6 would take it from a dig, gt would take it on the freeway. ive done it with almsot the same setups. your '10 hp at the wheels is a lil under 200 probably

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right from the begining, you have a 260hp GT vs a 210hp V6...
You have nowhere to go but up with bolt ons...
I may have read that wrong, but I'm confused? I'm the 2010. Like I said, I have duals, BBK cai, and the 93 Bama race tune, and if I were to go up against a 2004 GT Stock, how would it turn out?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
almost dead even, v6 would take it from a dig, gt would take it on the freeway. ive done it with almsot the same setups. your '10 hp at the wheels is a lil under 200 probably
Yeah I figured it'd be pretty even. Do you know how much I'd be getting to the engine? When people ask me how much hp I have, I'd rather say 250 to the engine rather than 200 to the wheel. (250 was a guess)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Yeah I figured it'd be pretty even. Do you know how much I'd be getting to the engine? When people ask me how much hp I have, I'd rather say 250 to the engine rather than 200 to the wheel. (250 was a guess)
With your Mods I'd say probably around 225hp at the Motor:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With your Mods I'd say probably around 225hp at the Motor:bigthumbsup
Really?! I was thinking with the intake (10) exhaust (eh..5?) then the estimated 22 from the tune.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Probably around 245 to the motor if it's got almost 200 to the wheels with those mods

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
210 crank - 18-20% loss for auto trans = 168-172.2 rwhp
dual exhaust 2-5 hp gain
tunable CAI with Tune up 15-20rwhp combined
so at best case 197.2 rwhp with those mods on a automatic

I found this:
Wheel Horsepower to Crankshaft Horsepower Guestimator
There we go I was right around there, so there u have it you have 250 to the crank 10 less than the old gt, they have 300 torque to the crank, you probably have 260-270

·
Registered
325 Posts
Reviews I've read in the past stated that a stock '05-'10 V6 is about a .5 second slower to 60 mph than a stock previous gen GT. Throw in the CAI, a tune and a more free flowing exhaust and you're closing the gap. As someone said it would be pretty close.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've messed around with my buddies 03gt a few times. My car is chipped with duals, and cai. When we mess around it comes down to the driver cuz the cars are pretty equal and it really pisses him off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts