Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the tail-end of a 4 hour roud trip last night... There was a couple Z28 earlier but really no go... kinda hard in heavy interstate truck traffic and allready doing 80...

Less than 30 minutes from home this Dodge SRT looking thing comes in view... I pass it gigling at the fart can and the wing that's larger than my frigging trunk lid!

He pulls up to my right, half a car ahead... I'm too tired, he revs, I'm still to tired... he drops back and comes again, with speed.... slow down a bit ahead of me... I slowly catch up with him and see he's looking at my rims through heavily tinted windows...

Figured to have some fun... down shift to third doing 70 or so... waiting for him and he starts edging fwd, I'm guessing he's on it so I floor it... must have jumped three car lenghts from 70 to 105 so I let of, roll to 70 put in 5th and cruise...

He then passes just before exiting, window down now... showing a VERY exited thumbs up, I meen just gesticulating, wide movements for the full 10 secs I can see him... Talk about good sport! I'm luvin it! :thumbup back at ya!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice kill cinci! Those little SRT's can be troublesome, especially with a few engine upgrades. I ran alongside of one at Moroso last Friday night ( test & tune ). The little bugger did a 13.2 and I turned a 13.6. Of course his hookup was better than mine as I was rolling on stock 17" Cooper radials. Gotta save my pennies and get some Micky's I guess.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The two ricer guys I've slaughtered in the '05 both reacted the same way, screaming, thumbs up, yelling. Very appreciative. The kids in the civic pulled up beside and said "man you busted our a**!!!! Wanna go again? 1...2...3"So, from 60 I did it again! tsk, tsk, tsk...they'll never learn

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ehhh if they are cool about the race, it doesn't really make them "ricers". More of just import cars.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Especially since an SRT-4 is an AMERICAN car....hrmmmmm.....:)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
WRB STi said:
I dont get how they're ricers and my friend has a 05 SRT that whips up on new GT's.
They have roughly the same HP(maybe 30 less than the new GTs) and about 600 pounds lighter. They will run close to the new GTs apparently(stock for stock the GT is slightly faster barring bad drivers). That's pretty frustrating to me since the new mustang is so quick. On the bright side, I hear they aren't made that well. I have heard so many stories, engine mounts breaking off, shifters breaking off, etc. But they are worthy opponents of the new GT I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.