Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
1:33 gave me a mini heart attack...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
sickkk! thanx for the link:bigthumbsupbtw....

...wheres the camaro and challenger??:mesad:

·
Registered
288 Posts
"Even with the 2011 v6 Mustang hitting the limiter for a solid 14 continuous seconds on the run, it was still faster than last year's GT by .8 seconds..."

QFT.

·
Registered
288 Posts
...wheres the camaro and challenger??:mesad:
This run had a maximum time limit of 4:00 minutes, so they were disqualified because they were too slow :smartass:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The key points to me were

1) "This Mustang sacrifices nothing when it comes to handling"
2) No mention of brakes over heating ... that's been an achilles heel in the past
3) The lap time, even with the time spent bumping into the speed limiter.

Awesome.

And helps me put behind the decision against the Hyundai, which I had strongly considered ... you just never fully know about a car until you run it at full sprint on the track. Some serious criticisms on the car there.

Thanks for posting, this should inspire us all!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Wow, good find and what a review. The track time with the 113MPH limiter is stunning. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This is another awesome review!!! Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
381 Posts
repost !!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I too also wonder what the time would be without the limiter and with some 3.73 gears. A little suspension work would go a long way too.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Perf Pac + alum shaft + Bama = Camaro distruction.

fun stuff. Thanks! for taking the time to post the videos!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Some pretty good cars got beat by the mustang. Including a 135i coupe which is kind of a shocker!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I too also wonder what the time would be without the limiter and with some 3.73 gears. A little suspension work would go a long way too.
Probably about 1/2-3/4 of a second within the 2011 GT. Similar to the results edmunds came up with in their track shoot out. Unfortunately edmunds pulled the video.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
First time I've seen these. It IS nice to finally see a reveiw of a Pony Package car. Everything I've seen up to this point has mostly been the performance package or the base model.

I was thinking my pony package handles nicely and these drivers seemed to be able to drive the hell out of it. I didn't see tremendous body roll either (unlike the Camaro here), so not sure where some peoples' perspectives are coming from. Being an old muscle/semi modern car guy, all of these cars seem to do two things well. Street manners and capable handling in a relatively inexpensive vehicle that gets great mileage when needed.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Awesome video, it really gives you a real life comparison! Especially since it's non-biased it's respected even more. Thanks for sharing, even though this is an old thread!

Shane

1 - 20 of 21 Posts