Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the steeda "stop the hop pack" with the lower controll arms and non adjustable upper. I noticed it does not come with a bracket for the upper. Is this something I need before I install? I do not plain on lowering the stang or putting on a different drive shaft. Just a mild build.

Car is a 2011 5.0, 6 speed, mods: cold air, 3.73 gears, flowmaster axal back

·
Registered
89 Posts
In my opinion, yes. The factory UCA mounting bracket is a weak link as well. Your already going to be disassembling the UCA. Might as well replace the UCA mounting bracket and get it done at one time.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I hate doing things twice. I would definitely replace the bracket while I had everything apart. I know that you said that you have no plans to lower the car but....are you sure? You might want to consider an adjustable UCA, just in case you change your mind down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hate the look of lowered cars, and i have aready recived the parts..

i may look for the mount as it has not been installed yet

·
Registered
388 Posts
I ahd the Steeda upper for lowered cars in the stock mount. it clunked, was torqued and installed correctly. If using their upper get their upper mount too, should get rid of the clunk. I sold mine. I never had drive line vibratrions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts