Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 mustang gt 5 speed. the speedo says 55k so prob 155k. i bought the car march of this year for 2500.. it has a b303 cam and cold air intake.. the smog pump is off and the egr stuff is not hooked up. the ac is messed up but still on the belt. other than all that it runs alright. i have done a complete tune up on it. i need to check the self test but i dont have a test light. anyways.. i am wanting to get the turbo kit from on3performance.. has anyone had these on their cars and how did they work out.. i do not know that much about the turbos. do i have to take both my headers off or can i leave one on or idk.. i need details i cant seem to find anything on it... also just wondering if my motor would be able to withstand the new psi's. i know it alot but i really need to know.. would the turbo be good with stock heads and intake.. or do i need to buy new those to... and just lessen the psi of the turbo. cause i have herd from someone who been messin with 5.0's for as long as i known him and he is good with them that stock blocks are good for 500 to 600 hp depending on how its drove... so yea thanks everbody...:worship

G

·
My only comment is if you put a turbo on a car with a 155K without first rebuilding it .....

It is an EXPLOSION waiting to happen.......

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
You have alot to read and re-search...A turbo is alot more then just bolting it on...Tuning .and more..tuning lol...You need to have a good fuel system,big injectors,big fuel pump,you can use the stock computer but you need a chip or a custom tune done to it...YOUR looking at ALOT of money!!!! And to top it off you have alot of miles on your car so thats well not good to start,probbaly would do new Head gaskets with ARP studs,And our 5.0 blocks are good to about 500 hp ive seen some take more and some blow up at way less a good rule of thumb is like 400-450 to the rear wheels with a VERY safe tune...If it was me and what im going to do because i was going to go the Turbo route but now i decided to go the supercharger route...Its cheaper and will get you 75 hp or so...not bad and you can run your stock injectors and fuel pump and run the FMU in the kit...read up an that hope this helps you...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
agreed..technically it'll work ok,but budget for at least another $1500 worth of supporting parts and a tune
-fuel pump
-injectors
-mass air meter
-exhaust-dont forget the turbo only has a single downpipe,so you're factory style h pipe exhaust is useless
-custom dyno tune
-$$$$$$$

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Also my advise would be read, read, read and read some more. There is alot more than just bolting it up and go as nothing is ever a bolt on experience. Listen if your bottom end is tight and all is good down there then you could slap it on a stock engine but don't expect to set the world on fire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.